Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Confinement  (Read 432 times)

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Confinement
« on: March 25, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
Day 2 of UK confinement, how are you coping?

Our routine, up at 0600, coffee, news at 0700, feed the dogs, have breakfast, (0730j
Take dogs out between 0800 and 1000 combining this with our one tripmout for a walk for exercise and visit to local shop for milk and/or bread.
Coffee, lunch.

Afternoon in the ‘gym’
(We have turn Sue’s saloon into a little gym with weights, steper and mats for cor exercises. )
And whilst the weather is fine, hot tub for an hour or so.

In between all the excitement we are doing little jobs like painting the salon and a bit of gardening.
I am waiting for some paints to attack my PBI North Africacanforces with to touch them up for the Crete game in September.

Next on the list is General Armested for the new gamette
Then sort out a new army for AK47 for a ‘Wild geese ‘ scenario I am working on.

Fun fun fun
Sue and I have both signed up  for the NHS volunteers  so waiting for our first jobs.

Being self employed our income has gone from about £2500 to:nothing so hope this not allowed to work doesn’t last to long. I want to buy. Ore figures!

Stewart

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Confinement
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »
Fine thanks Stewart.
We are in our second week, the fine for being out with out the correct paperwork has gone up from 38.00 euros up to 135 euros. Up to 1500.00 for repeat offenders.
Normal routine for us up and feed the chickens, bantams, and sheep. Wood for us and our neighbours if they need it.
back for breakfast and than out into garden/gym, fields/gym, checked the oil and water in the tractor and out to move some logs to rebuild the sheep shelters.
Lunch.
After lunch cut the grass in one of the five gardens, so this will last all week if it does not rain. Then take the tractor down the fields with the chainsaw and do three tank fulls of fuel. When the fuel is finished load up the box on the tractor with logs and bring them back upto the wood shed.
Shower and an hour in the hot tub.
Tea and some hobby work with a blog or two to listen to.
Bed, then something similar tomorrow. 
Caroline will be out shopping on Friday, on her own. Only allowed to go to the supermarket once a week.

Smoking gun

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:25:30 PM »
Hi, our routine is do a domestic "job" in the morning, today it was putting grand daughters toys and other stuff in the loft. This afternoon I prepped around 60 Moroccan infantry for the Spanish Civil War, whilst watching Land and Freedom on DVD. They're stuck on painting sticks ready to undercoat tomorrow.

I ordered some more SCW miniatures yesterday.

Best wishes,
Martin Buck

John Watson

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
This week Amanda is on planned leave. We were going to have 5 days in Normandy, but are now doing jobs at home like gardening until we had so much rubbish that we had to stop. The tip is closed so we can't dispose of it. We have been cleaning window frames. Then there is the daily game of hunt the bog roll. If people hadn't panic bought all the baked beans from UK supermarkets then they wouldn't have needed to panic buy all the bog rolls too. I like the French idea Les. Just once a week. Sadly here, even in the biggest supermarkets, a lot of things are not available. I suspect it is more of a logistics problem.
Next week it will be back to painting. Finishing off the WWII Greeks, tarting up my Desert Rats and Africa Korps for the Crete game in September, starting on my WWI Austrians.
I think the lead mountain may actually decrease over the next few months.
John

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:42 PM »
You're all doing better than me, chaps.

Started in front of the PC at 5:30 am today, and am just about managing to fit in a full day's work around being the children's part-time tutor, cook, story-teller and running partner.

I may fit in 30 minutes' painting (first session in days...) tonight if I get lucky.

This work-from-home malarkey was looking great for hobby time until they then shut the schools...

Simon

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:25:18 PM »
Simon, try teaching them history and reading, they could read your books aloud to you while you work.
Home economics - they can make your lunch
Maths - work out your PBI force
Art - prime your figures

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:57 PM »
Stewart,

Funny you should say that - the little one did cook this evening, and her brother was basing figures this evening as a precursor to painting them. Sadly 28mm D&D figures rather than quality 15mm fare, but one has to start somewhere. His sister is halfway through painting one of Martin's resin halftracks, which may get completed if the Confinement lasts long enough!

Simon

pbeccas

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:30:27 PM »
I got up.  Went to work as a police officer.  No PPE left.

John Watson

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:57 PM »
Simon, be careful. Child labour is illegal in the UK.
John

Westie

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:05 PM »
Yesterday I completed a mission from the computer game, Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (Allied victory) and read some more of my current book, Zulu Rising. This afternoon, I got the pressure washer out and did the patio and talked to my daughter and 10 week old grandson on Skype. Tomorrow, I think I'll start a Covenanter command stand. One day at a time.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 04:44:02 AM »
Well at the moment I am still going to work. Until, either I get told to stay at home or god forbid go Ill. That’s the only thing with my job, now a lot of people are home it is now essential that we clear the rubbish away. Now the challenges are getting greater. Driving on open roads is great, a lot less cars about, but now the closes and estates are more difficult because everyone has their cars and work vans scattered everywhere.
Miles

Fat Wally

• Wild Boar
  • Figure painter & house husband, living the dream.
    • View Profile
    • Fat Wally's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 07:09:52 AM »
At the moment I'm not at school.   My wife and I are on rotation for our respective schools for when the first wave of staff working with key workers kids go down with Covid-19.

The day is spent homeschooling the kids whilst my wife works.  Baking and gardening with the kids.  The odd game of X-Wing, and joining in on the X-Box with the kids. 

Pickett's Charge and Baroque scheduled for the weekend with my son.

I like to get in an early 30 minute bike ride to keep my arthritis subdued.  I'll do this prior to a Supermarket visit.

Take my son into the garden for a throw about with an American football for 30 minutes to keep his skills up.

So far no time to paint until we get our routine established.  Stay safe people.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »
Bit of packing for the move when it finally happens. Gardening in good weather. A fair bit of Amazon Prime and You Tube, walk the dog, tootle up the shop. No wargaming - mojo completely collapsed.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 03:08:51 PM »
Well been out twice today, one run to the vets for a customer and this afternoon walk to Asda for bits for tonight’s meal. (My one trip out for exercise and food combined).
Sue and I have both signed up as NHS volunteers, waiting our first jobs (so we can get out of the house again).

Stewart

Big Mike

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »
Day starts with news and weather. After breakfast check emails about volunteering and Food Bank duties. Today we delivered the community newsletter around a local village with info about the Purbeck support group helpline (shopping/medicine collections etc). The regular delivery team are all self-isolating. Half of the houses were empty 2nd homes, others were pleased to see someone -at a safe distance.
Coffee outside in the garden. The lawn is nearly all dead so enforced hard labour after lunch to prepare for re-seeding. I am not a gardener by choice.
I search Netflix for an antidote to the virus news reports in the evening. For some reason Westerns are appealing. Hostiles and the remake of True Grit hit the mark.
I am reading Moon Shot, about the US space programme from inception to the end of Apollo. Last night I watched the documentary film Apollo 11, which was excellent. 2 hours long but well paced and with original sound commentary, cine and news film.
This afternoon I am just about to spray varnish my based PP British Colonials, first lots of gloss then a light coat of matt. I will add extra dried grass and rocks scenic before a final matt coat.
Then I start on the Camels! My Zulus are all primed and after some chopping about I used some redundant Roman infantry for my Zulu casualty markers.
Beginning to miss the gaming. Keep up the banter, guys.