Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Peter Pig Rules you play..... Poll  (Read 248 times)

Antioch

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
Peter Pig Rules you play..... Poll
« on: March 23, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »
Folks, I know  versions of this questions have been asked before but have lapsed & are buried in the forum.

So what are your favourite Peter Pig rules. (You actually play them). PICK UP TO 3... and maybe add how many painted figures (factions too if you are so inclined)  you have for that set of rules.

I realize people may choose other rules... then take ONE vote for OTHER.

Thanks
Bob

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Pig Rules you play..... Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
I play all the rules apart from fantasy and have at least two forces for each rule set.

Stewart

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »
OOER - somebody mentioned factions. Thatíll have martin spluttering over his Cornflakes. My favourite armies are my ACW western theatre troops, and my British, German and Belgian 1914 troops.

Nick

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 05:24:58 PM »
Favourite - Square Bashing, Iíve armies for early war British, German and Belgian.
Bayonet and Idealogy - republican, nationalist.
Regiment of Foote - Royalist, Parliament, Scotís Covenanters, Montrose.

Also have a lot of Ak47 forces, and PITS forces.
I have a few other RFCM rule sets too, but not gamed them yet.

Nick

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
Is it possible to differentiate between different versions? I much prefer RoFv1 to RoFv2

Antioch

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 05:59:59 PM »
No prob canít differentiate , maybe the admin.... mostly to get an idea of the period.

But no one actually using the poll itself!

Bob

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
The Poll button was not obvious.
It is part of the heading.
I clicked on the word "POLL"

That help?

martin

Now, who said faction? :)  It should be "warband" , "cabal" , "spatula", "harem" or "gang" now. Cool! :)

Antioch

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »
Ah seems since i selected , donít show till they vote....it never showed up for people to vote....i think... should be fixed.

John Watson

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24:30 PM »
I voted CWB, PBI and Washington's Army. I have substantial ACW forces (both sides), both sides for AWI but not huge. PBI though..... Desert Rats, Afrika Korps, Greek, Japanese, US airborne, US European, British Italian campaign, Red Berets, Mid war eastern front Germans, Normandy Germans, mid/late war Russians. Those are the painted ones. I also have late war Germans, winter 44 US, Finns, another Japanese, partisans and Italians unpainted.
My lead mountain should shrink with the curfew over the next few weeks/months/years.
Keep well
John

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 11:42:13 PM »
This is a bit like choosing a favourite child.

I have played every set Martin has produced, apart from Warfare in the Age of Magic, although I do own them. When I say every set, I mean going back in time to the first rules produced under the RFCM banner.

I have  'Ancients' by the Effing Levellers
I have Bloody Cauldron for the RCW
I have Search and Destroy for Vietnam
I have Lincoln's War for the ACW
I have the Star Fighter rules (AD2222?)

I think the only sets I am missing are 'Hoka Hey' and the original PBI which I think were not on squares and aimed at 20mm figures.

As for favourites I have chosen Civil War Battles, Washingotns Army and Battles in the Age of War - mainly because they are my favourite periods. However, I truly enjoy every set of rules, to the extent that I have played little else historical for years apart from a couple of games of Bolt Action and Black Powder.

Figure wise I have multiple armies for every current set of rules produced...

DorchesterBede

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »
Yes a difficult choice, I'll probably go

1: SquareBashing - I had always been cynical about using grids or square, got that wrong. I have EW & LW Germans, EW & LW British, LW French, Russians and RCW would like to add some Belgium, Turk, and Austrian armies.
2 : Civil War Battles - I have more then enough troops for  both sides but just think it is a great game win or lose.
3: Washingtons Wars - I have both sides again, nice uniforms different theatres of war  line troops, lights, militia some cavalry whats not to like.

I would probably have to put Spanish Civil War and Samurai up with them. The perfect Saturday on the games weekend would be playing 1 & 2 plus either AWI, SCW or Samurai.

Chris

SimonC

• RFCM admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »
Ah seems since i selected , donít show till they vote....it never showed up for people to vote....i think... should be fixed.

You need to be logged in to see the poll section

John Watson

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »
Goodness Sean. Either you have been wargaming since you were in nappies or you are as old as Methuselah.
John

Big Mike

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »
1) PBI - best PP Airborne & LW, German DAK & LW, US Airborne & LW, and Dutch KNIL.
2) SCW -  easy to play with quirky looking vehicles and Assault Guards in their relaxed Iberian uniforms.     
3) Dark Ages - "Longships - Wrath of the Vikings". Versatile rules which I have used for a campaign and extra large battles. Saxon, Carolingian and Irish armies. 6 x PP Longships look nicely menacing rowing up a river near you.   

I wouldn't say no to a game of Pirates; Ship or Shore, or ACW; good old school rule system, with my mid -war Union Army in winter greatcoats (painted and sold by Chris),  or ECW -  both sides but not Scots, sorry.
or Western with my Mexicans - ride like the wind (guacamole and re-fried beans....).
Just building a Colonial army for PITS. British in Khaki vs Dervish Camelry. Also fahzands of Zulus and soon some Boers and once we get back to gaming again, I hope to use PITS or Western rules for the South African campaigns.             

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 03:58:16 PM »
I think the best 5 would have been better. 3 is too narrow a list. Hammering Iron and Pirates would have gone on my list as well.
After playing Pits the other day I fancy exploring what other 19th C warfare it could be used for, namely Westerns.
Miles