Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minairons: Maserati 8CTF Grand Prix racer  (Read 106 times)

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Minairons: Maserati 8CTF Grand Prix racer
« on: March 19, 2020, 05:36:34 PM »

Here you have the latest addition to our 1/72 scale Grand Prix range, the stylish Maserati 8CTF racing car.
Just as our four previous models, this is an overall simple model kit consisting of just seven high quality resin parts (main body, wheels and axles), complemented by a white metal driver.

It's already available in our webstore.
A 1/100 scale version of it is expected to come along this year too, btw.

Lluís Vilalta
www.minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Minairons: Maserati 8CTF Grand Prix racer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 05:44:56 PM »
That really is not a Vauxhall Viva at all (OK, I will let the topic drop now, sorry). :)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 08:19:50 PM »
It looks lovely. I like the stealthy weapons systems.

Antioch

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 08:28:47 PM »
Lluis,

Really nice model...I have been looking at that range for some time... and something you don’t always see on our side if the pond.

Bob

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 10:48:48 PM »
Thanks for your warm appreciations, sirs!  :)

That really is not a Vauxhall Viva at all (OK, I will let the topic drop now, sorry). :)

Well, it wasn't created in time for the 1938 Grand Prix... however, I already have in catalogue an ERA, a Mercedes-Benz W154, an Auto Union D-type and a gorgeous Alfa Romeo 12c/312, all them already in 1/100 scale btw...  (https://minairons.eu/en/67-1-100-scale-racing-cars )
Am I allowed a counter-attack Martin? Here it goes: have you ever thought of a Grand Prix racing ruleset? There might be plenty of room for an entire range of miniatures, I'd say  ;)

...I like the stealthy weapons systems.

All them pointing to the rear, isn't it curious?  ;D

Taking advantage of being the maker of these little beauties, I've built for myself some racing teams with their 1/100 scale versions. I don't have any pictures of them yet, please allow me one or two days to depict and share these here; I think you'll like them.

What I have right now painted and pictured is the 1/72 version of my ERA racer, just finished this week. Here you have it attached.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:15:42 AM »
There is a good set of rules already for Grand Prix. It was done by a company called SDD. I ve got the rules. But for the moment can’t think what the name is. Or the old Formula one game by Waddingtons would be just as good. Especially for those type of cars.They both move by “squares”
Miles

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 10:08:28 PM »
What I told you, here you have my own Grand Prix 15mm collection:

And here below, those same along with a couple of 20mm samples:

Cheers,
Lluís

Antioch

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 10:45:28 PM »
Lluis, really love that collection. Early GPrix cars have so many unique designs. (I was scratch building  an alpha romeo 512 once but never finished it. The war rolled around & the two cars got rolled into a warehouse... which is why those cars exist & are now both in museums  today)

Miles. Long ago there were a number of non-commercial (gamer written) racing rules out here on the west coast (Canada). You laid down a track or chalked a course on a table. Cars were all measured for there moves, skids, crashes, named drivers & racing  teams...it had it all. Depending on what period or car type things changed, but each car type had stats for them. (Most importantly in my case braking power) as you raced you tended to use these features up. A good  friend & talented gamer by the name  of Gerry Stevens  wrote most of them (now passed).

Bob