Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Western Clarifications if you dont mind!  (Read 828 times)

barry w

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Western Clarifications if you dont mind!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »
Hi Martin,
Know you are busy but any chance of just making sure I've got the last question I raised interpreted correctly.
Thanks again.
Regards
Barry

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »

Hello Barry
Sorry i missed this one. But have been reminded!
The Protector must use any gambles first. this means he may proceed with gamble after gamble (repeatedly and consecutively) until he gives up or gets the closed scenery he wants.
After this the raider gets to carry out any gambles he wishes.
You are correct that a whole bunch of protector gambles could be made useless by one success by the raider. thsi gives the raider a better chance of getting the scenery he wants, as he will ambush where he wants.

martin :)

Hopefully the last query (but you never know!) and it’s in the Campaign rules. I really thought the campaign rules were inspired thinking. Simple yet elegant in their approach and we will definitely be using these when we start playing.  Query is about group fights on p112.

It states fights are in the open unless a player gambles. It mentions that the Protector does all his gambles first, then the raider. If I’m the Protector and decide to gamble and I am successful, the terrain is changed to difficult. The Raider decides to gamble and is successful and brings it back to open. As I had to do all my gambles first does this mean I cannot respond anymore?

My interpretation of the rules is I think that I can now respond and maybe lose a base or bases until I change it again or decide to stop. The Raider does the same and it toggles back and forth between the two until one has to stop by either deciding he does not want to risk it any more or is reduced to just a single base. (p112 – “This gambling is optional and can be repeated until only the leader remains”) The reference further down the page that gambles can be repeated until only 2 bases left I assume refer to just a leader base left from both the Raider and the Protector force?

barry w

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »
Thanks Martin - much appreciated!