Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Working on it  (Read 1673 times)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Working on it
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
Some interesting points in there, Si.

However, on the pinning point - is there not a logic that one could choose aimed fire (to kill) or else rapid fire (primarily to keep heads down)? But then of course, logically that choice would be main before, rather than after, the actual shooting...

I do find the SCW rules run much faster, so am looking forward to seeing how SSPBI will turn out on the motivation and action side of things.

Simon

Si B

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 09:33:36 PM »
Ah well you have the advantage of me there, I donít have a new copy of BAIT. Iíve just spent the last half hour trying to decide whether to invest. Never used the old rules and only got as far as painting some International Brigade types.

Do I go all in, SFL, Regulares, militias and Popular Army?  Or do I be sensible and finish up my unpainted RCW, ACW, AWI & WW2 stash? Not only painting it all, itíd be good to actually get it on the table from time to time.

I think Iíve just talked myself into a new project.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 09:53:48 PM »
Ah well you have the advantage of me there, I donít have a new copy of BAIT. Iíve just spent the last half hour trying to decide whether to invest. Never used the old rules and only got as far as painting some International Brigade types.

Do I go all in, SFL, Regulares, militias and Popular Army?  Or do I be sensible and finish up my unpainted RCW, ACW, AWI & WW2 stash? Not only painting it all, itíd be good to actually get it on the table from time to time.

I think Iíve just talked myself into a new project.

Excellent! When did being sensible have any place in wargaming?  :D

I'd buy the BAIT rules first and then decide what to go for. Many vehicles can be used for a range of forces, for example.

Simon

Si B

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 07:58:27 AM »
So Si B when you refer to PBI which version are you referring to V1/V2 or V3 ? V3 being the latest version and the best out of the 3( this is my and few others opinions) Which team PBI will be mainly modelled on as well. But this is where any problems/issues you and any others have with V3 this is the time We might be able to straighten out ??? As with any play testing some other solutions/factors do arise from indeed the Playtesting....
SCW was born out V3 and that seems to gone down very well.
Miles

Miles, it looks like I owe you (and PBI) an apology. Having dug out my V3, I find that the cost of assaulting has been reduced from 5 to 4 APs. And that is further reduced for a pinned square, which Iíd entirely forgotten. Apologies for the confusion on my part.

Best,

Si

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »
Completed a Game today using rule set V10, no major problems. Bit one sided arguing with myself but shows the game can be played. Write up sent to Martin for edit and inclusion in the ĎMillí

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 08:43:53 PM »
That's good to know Stewart - thanks for sharing: I look forward to the write-up in the next Mill.

You might need to watch our for your sanity arguing with yourself under these lockdown conditions, but I hope at least the best man won.

Simon

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »
No worries Simon, I have always been a bit mad and these restrictions are just like being onboard but a Less crowed ship.