Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another post about buildings  (Read 64 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Another post about buildings
« on: November 03, 2019, 09:18:34 AM »
Having been liberated of a large portion of my collection I am in the enviable position of having a blank canvas to start again and think about new projects.

For the SCW, one needs quite a few buildings. I have looked at commercially available resin and card offerings in the past and did end up with a lot of the same buildings that Martin uses. However my modelling and painting skills aren't up to the Peter Pig standard and I was never happy with them.

I am tempted to make my own simple buildings. After all with a bit of cereal box card and some corrugated card I could probably do a half decent job for the cost of a few pence.

My ideal though would be Peter Pig buildings in a similar vein to their Pirates range of buildings. Some or all of those might pass for Spanish buildings anyway, but half a dozen pantile roofed buildings would do just the job.

Any chance, Martin???

Colonel Kilgore

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Another post about buildings
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »

Colonel Kilgore

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
I also found this free paper Spanish warehouse model to download:

http://maquetasandmodelos.blogspot.com/2015/04/almacen-de-mercancias-del-santander.html

There are links at the bottom of the page to coloured plans in both HO and N scales, as well as instructions.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
I hadn't considered either Simon. In fact one of the reviews states they are too small for 28mm and more suited to 15/20mm so might be just the job.