Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Peter Pig Zouaves and Headgear  (Read 494 times)

Radar

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
Re: Peter Pig Zouaves and Headgear
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »
Really nice paint job. 10/10 for the Obelix trousers.

Quebec

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
Thanks all.

Colonel KIlgore, sir.....I must be fick, in fact I know I am because I cant do all that magic you just explained how to do. Do you have to register on that site? Anyway, could you be so kind as put up the other two images I sent in. I'll get back to this when I get back from class.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »
Quebec,

There's no need to sign up for Imgur (although you can if you wish to, which is helpful when trying to find stuff you've posted previously - otherwise it's anonymous). Simply go to imgur.com from a web browser.

Then click on the green "New post" box in the top left-hand corner of the screen, as per my screenshot.

My other screenshot posts were intended to be a step-by-step guide, but I was a bit lazy in filling in the detail!

Does the above help you get started, or should I try and do a fully-detailed guide?

I'll post up your other two shots shortly.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »
Here are the previously-missing shots:

You can also use Imgur (as you get familiar with it) to crop shots more tightly for posting purposes.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 05:28:02 PM »
Painting looks excellent, must look great on mass

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »
Painting looks excellent, must look great on mass

It looks very good on a paint bottle :)

Quebec

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 07:05:00 PM »
Thank you again Colonel Kilgore for your help, and not for the first time. Sincere thanks.

Thanks to those fellow members for those kind words, I've never had those adjectives piled on my figures before so I'm feeling kind of bashful right now. Inside I'm glowing.

The Vallejo bottle job-to add to the puns sprinkled around here- is also very useful for Peter Pig figures. Once I finish a bottle or two or three, I throw them into warm soapy water and help peel off the labels. I take off the top and add water until the very top so it adds some heft to what is, in essence, a new figure holder. Put back the droplet thingy, then the top and it's ready to use. As it's without a label you can easily identify it from the full ones. I use blue tack or the tiniest drop of superglue to stick a figure on top-with the superglue it won't budge at all and as the base goes over the edges of the top just use your thumbnail to dislodge and if you're lucky you won't even have to scrape off the glue from the figure base.

I wouldn't have been able to paint those "Obelix trousers" without them! ;D ;D ;D

I hope my contribution is deemed interesting by the RCFMers. Many thanks, folks!