Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWII USA requests  (Read 93 times)

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
WWII USA requests
« on: October 12, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
1: bulldozer (not a funny tank with a dozer blade, an actual bull dozer though "up-armoured" somehow is okay) - for Pacific scenarios
2: a fuel bowler - for Pacific scenarios
3: armed civilians - suitable for Wake Island in particular but useful in many other ways (burly contractor types, not pen wielders)

Wake Island marines already made by another manufacturer. 

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: WWII USA requests
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
 Bulldozer you can convert from a matchbox type of toy. As a proper WW2 one would have limited sale value from PP point of view.
Skytrex and FoW both make the armoured one, that would suit most people. I know at sometime I  need to convert a Cromwell or two to  make the Centuar dozer.
 The burly civilians you can do head swaps from selected figures across the PP range ! Look at "Radars" Dorsetshire ECW figures, with imagination and green stuff !  you can make the desired figures....
Must admit if Martin could makes these great. But he does have a great list of things to do. They must sell as well remember.
If not a dremel and green stuff and other odds will have to do.
Miles

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »
Well, Germany produced about 49,000 tanks of all types (not counting capture materiel) while the US produced over 56,000 dozers of various types so I'd say the dozer was pretty ubiquitous during the war.  I'd also say a dozer is a requirement for any game set in the Pacific that included any attempt to build an airfield - and they were sometimes used as the closest thing available to armor.

And any airfield of size would have some sort of fuel bowzer - and that would be all theaters of the war.  How would they sell?  I don't have a crystal ball.  But I do think they would be a useful addition. 

As to converting figures - never been my thing but more power to those who do it and do it well enough to be presentable.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 09:06:21 AM »
 I am not questioning the need and how many were produced etc. That’s why I have a few conversions on the go my self, planned and on going.like I said before I look on eBay for old “matchbox cars” as they were designed for the box size. So the Volvo trucks they doing are 1/96th which is close enough for me for Africa AK47 etc, some of the “JCB” type stuff is the same
But before you ask Martin can you do ? Try to think how many people are going to buy it ? You might buy 2 I might buy 1, 3 other people across the world might buy another 4 in 2 years ? Example....
That’s not very cost effective. If it was, don’t you think Battlefront, Skytrex and other “Big” manufacturers would have Dozers and spin off’s coming off their respective production lines ?
If you don’t want to convert. I suggest one of the German/Polish railway manufacturers that make 1/87 if your lucky you might find a second one on eBay. As there make retro vehicles as well as up to date vehicles. No they are not cheap by any means. But it would be cheaper in the long run, as Martin would probably have to charge a might fee for the few Dozers he would sell out of an expensive mould run.
Martin will do things but there has to be a profit in it, otherwise PP wouldn’t exist.
 I am not sure which set of rules allows for Dozer and plant machines to operate in a game ?
My 1945/46 Factory game has plant machinery on the board as scenery, I paid £20 odd for each then took them apart repainted them, so they looked 1940’s; even though Stewart kept playing with my excavator last time he played the game, LoL
Miles

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »
I was waiting for the German LMg team so I could drop a bucket of sand on them.

Stewart

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »
Of course the other thing you can do is find someone with a 3D printer. Obtain the files so he or she can print off as many as you wish ? Then maybe sell some to pay for the files and materials.
I want a Diamond T and M19 trailer that Matchbox made many years ago. I think it’s the only way I will get one or two ?
Miles