Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Edition 4 of 15 Mil?  (Read 1302 times)

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Edition 4 of 15 Mil?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
This afternoon I went on the PP site, clicked the orange mil banner went down to issue 4 , clicked and issue 4 came up as pdf, great picture, great articles.
Just tried again and itís all Dropbox now and canít acces it, what a waste.

Leslie BT

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
Dam it I missed that window of opportunity.

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
I don't know how it works chaps , sorry.
I cannot get it as a pdf.
It cannot be downloaded as a pdf to my system. We did try.
It is a google hub file I think, not  a normal pdf.
I can only get the dropbox link.
Leave it with me and I will see what can be done.
There must be a solution. :-[

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
Thanks Martin

Ivan Zaitzev

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »
I don't know why there is a problem.
To download you click where the arrow with the 1 is pointing and then click where the arrow with the 2 is pointing.
If you can't see the bar, click where the arrow with the 3 is pointing. That should give you a PDF file that can be uploaded directly to the website.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »
Thanks for spelling this out, Ivan - this is precisely what I had eventually managed to do.

However, I am wondering whether the view may be device or operating system specific - maybe different for phones and iPads in particular?

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2019, 09:26:44 AM »
I tried that . 
It does not give a file that can be saved as a straight .pdf.  It wants to save as a "webpage complete"  or "webpage. HTML only"?
Usually I make a word file, convert it to a pdf file. Then I  upload it to the website and all is well.
This is turning into  real headache.

Rittervonbek

• Supporter 2019
  • Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »
Coild a community spirited member of the forum save it as a pdf here somewhere?

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2019, 10:04:15 AM »
Rittervonbeck - it's a pretty big file (46 MB), so probably not great to save here if we can avoid it, to try to limit unnecessary hosting costs.

But you've stung me into action (thanks!) - I've downloaded the PDF, and will transfer to Martin by another method, which we've used successfully before.

Fingers crossed!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
@Martin - I've used WeTransfer to send the PDF of The Mill to your peterpig email address.

It should be available for 7 days: we shouldn't need all that time!

Do please email me if you have any problems,

Simon

Ivan Zaitzev

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2019, 01:38:18 PM »
Great to know this is fixed now!
Thanks Simon!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2019, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm glad it's all sorted now, Matias. I really like how you've formatted it - lovely job.
I guess we now all need to start writing stuff for next year's first issue!
Simon

Brian Cameron

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Well worth waiting for.

I regret to say that at the time, the attractions of Peter Laing 15mm were lost on me but I enjoyed seeing the collection painted up in the 'glossy toy soldier' style I now find very attractive and usually associated with 42mm and larger.

The photos of Peirre's were equally appealing though in a different way - quality painting.

And complemented by an ecellent article on painting by 'Another Simon' (the title on my article may be wrong but I can rejoice in the title of 'Brian'  ;)  I found myself in agreement with much that Simon had to say, particularly regarding brushes, Series 7 are well worth the price (and Cass Art have an online sale till Monday evening with 20% off).  I'm certainly prompted to add a piece for next issue with how my own approach and experience with washes and contrast paints.

I also enjoyed the piece from Elliot about the Suare Bashing day - wish I could have got along though I'd have been short of an army.  My Russian Civil War armies were in (cough) 6mm but went astray and when on loan to a friend who moved house.  I'm tempted to replace them with 15mm forces though you get an awful lot of figures to paint with all the reservist infantry.

Elliot - I see you game in Central London - like you I'n new to the (revised) Square Bashing and live in South London.  If you're interested in another opponent let me know, I could raise a scratch force from various figures I painted for my own Ruritannian Civil War setting of Bayonet & Ideology.  I play to enjoy the game, not bothered whether I win or lose as long as I have a good time.

My thanks to all for another enjoyable issue and good to see the venture continuing its strong start.

Brian

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2019, 11:51:14 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, Brian - it's nice to know that folk read the content of The Mill as well as looking at the pretty pictures!

Further praise, comments, critique would, I am sure, be welcome from others - if only to prove that you too have read it :) - to help improve the content and keep this project vibrant.

Simon (one of the three...)

SimonC

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 12:28:06 PM »
I also enjoyed the piece from Elliot about the Suare Bashing day - wish I could have got along though I'd have been short of an army. 

Hi Brian, never let this be an impediment - there are lots of loaner armies. About 3 or 4 last year were 'loaners'