Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ferro sheet?  (Read 142 times)

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Ferro sheet?
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »
I'm looking for a store selling both ferro sheets, magnetic sheets and plywood bases. I am aware that Litko in the US does sell these two latter - but know of nobody offering ferro sheet and, for economy reasons, I'd like better to buy it all from a single vendor.

Can anyone help me please?

Lluís

Colonel Kilgore

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Ferro sheet?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »
Lluis,

I'm not sure about the plywood bases (likely a different kind of supplier), but have you checked out Magnetic Displays?

http://www.magneticdisplays.co.uk/

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi Colonel Sir,

Thanks for the link. I'm most probably going to order the ferro sheet from them - while placing a separate order to Litko for their plywood bases. There in the UK there are some vendors of that kind of bases (such as Warbases.co.ok for instance), but only Litko sells them 0.8 cm thick - so I'm most probably going to split my wishlist into two separate orders.

Colonel Kilgore

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »
Lluis,

I have all my models (apart from a certain fleet of sailing ships, which arrived already equipped ;)) with Magnetic Display's steel sheet stuck to the underside of their bases. And I use their magnetic sheet to line my Really Useful Boxes for storage.

I've been very happy with their wares - good luck!

Simon

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
In the end, I've placed my joint order from Litko - in the latest moment I realized they offered ferro sheet too!

I'd have liked better to order from the UK, because shipping fees across The Pond are really heavy - but Litko are the only ones offering 0.8mm thick plywood bases (the ones I always use for my XVIII and XIX cent. armies). All the rest of plywood stand offers I've happened to find were 2 or 3mm thick, so no choice there.