Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cheriton ECW event  (Read 624 times)

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
Re: Cheriton ECW event
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »
I've just gone onto TinyPic this evening, after a few days away, and see that the site will be closing later this year. Which is a double shame as:

(a) it was free
(b) there is no indication of how images hosted there can be recovered /transferred elsewhere once the site is finally switched off

So, I guess you end up with precisely what you paid for, which probably serves me right for being a skinflint in the first place, but is rather annoying all the same.

That’s a pity...I’d put aside a few minutes to get sorted on this. However, so it goes.
If you pm’d me an e.mail address I could send the pics of Cheriton that I have (though they’re not too inspiring, TBH)

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »
I was told today that Battlegroup south are looking to put a game on at the event next year and maybe even turn it into a wargames show
That’d be different, and welcome.

It was almost all re-enactment groups on the day I went, plus Michael Arnold (ECW author, Stryker book series, which I enjoy) was there with a stall, chatting, signing books and selling copies,  and there was a ‘general purpose vaguely military plastic toy’ type stall, too.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 05:07:55 PM »
I've just gone onto TinyPic this evening, after a few days away, and see that the site will be closing later this year. Which is a double shame as:

(a) it was free
(b) there is no indication of how images hosted there can be recovered /transferred elsewhere once the site is finally switched off

So, I guess you end up with precisely what you paid for, which probably serves me right for being a skinflint in the first place, but is rather annoying all the same.

That’s a pity...I’d put aside a few minutes to get sorted on this. However, so it goes.
If you pm’d me an e.mail address I could send the pics of Cheriton that I have (though they’re not too inspiring, TBH)

Martin, I've sent you a PM. You may in the meantime get there yourself: I've started a new thread on this evergreen topic here: http://rulesforcommonman.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1979.0

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19:19 PM »
Martin,

Here (with thanks) are the pictures you emailed me.

If you would like to write a short commentary in response to this note, I (with my Admin rights) can post the photos into it. You can then select "Modify" to see the code I've inserted, and hence how to post these yourself?

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »
Thanks Simon -

1) Liveried Wars of the Roses archers and Man at Arms

2) Napoleonic 95th Rifles in action

3) and 4) Whitecoat musketeers and Bluecoats, in the Cheriton refight.

5) ACW Parrott Rifled Field Gun replica

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 08:29:16 AM »
Thanks Martin - I've inserted the links into your post below.

You should now be able to press the "Modify" button to your post below and see the format of the links I've inserted (from Imgur].

Note that the Forum application has inserted the "width=900 height=675" text within the square brackets around the initial "IMG" code in each case. You don't need to do this, but if the image is too large on the screen you can adjust its width or height in the above manner. I suggest you don't try and set both width and height, as you may end up inadvertently distorting the image!

Does this all make some kind of sense?

Simon

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »
Thanks Simon

I tweaked them all to 600 x 450, a 33% reduction, and they SEEM to have remained undistorted, to my eyes at least, and are now fully visible without sliding the photo...many thanks for this.

As mentioned, no stunning pics there, and it's hard to capture the atmos of a smokey, noisy reenactment, but thanks for going to the trouble of posting them.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 10:48:24 PM »
Excellent Martin - glad that we've now got you fully operational on the photos!

Simon