Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cheriton ECW event  (Read 549 times)

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
Cheriton ECW event
« on: July 25, 2019, 09:02:23 PM »
This weekend, at Cheriton, some re-enactment event on, Iím told. Saturday and Sunday. Unable to source details atm, as me internet is a bit naff in current location. 🥴

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
Re: Cheriton ECW event
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 11:54:57 PM »
https://www.winchester.gov.uk/events/20230/20230

Not just ECW re-enactment, also ACW, Napoleonic, Medieval.

The Cheriton battlefield website is still having a revamp so the council what's on page or the Sealed Knot website have details

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
Thanks Radar
May give it a go....

Martin

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 11:28:00 PM »
The Cropredy 375 was excellent, I'm sure this one will be as good

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
It was a good one - went on the Sunday, as the Saturday was distinctly wet.
Well run arena displays, inc WotR and Napoleonic, in addition to the main ECW refight, and had a useful chat to a ACW Ďgunnerí about Parrott gun manufacture.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 11:01:01 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it, Martin. I'd hoped to go, but couldn't quite persuade all the family to come along.

Any chance of some pictures (if nothing else, so that I can try harder to convince them next time), please?

Simon

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 03:18:25 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it, Martin. I'd hoped to go, but couldn't quite persuade all the family to come along.

Any chance of some pictures (if nothing else, so that I can try harder to convince them next time), please?

Simon
Having probs with 'file too large'......will work on it.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 03:22:19 PM »
Having probs with 'file too large'......will work on it.

Martin,

If you're trying to post photos here, they probably won't work. You will need to store them online elsewhere and post a link here (I can help with the latter if you're stuck).

Simon

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
A clue would be appreciated... I donít Ďdoí tech very well, as I have a low tolerance for screwabout factor when it comes to the glorious wonder of IT. 😊

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 08:06:22 AM »
Martin,

The first thing is to "host" your pictures somewhere online e.g. Photobucket or similar (I use tinypic.com as it's free and no log-in is required).

You should then be able to get a URL (weblink) to your picture. It's that link that you'll need to post here. An example is: http://i64.tinypic.com/2yl2p9g.jpg

To get the Forum to actually display your picture, you need to put a little bit of code before and after it.

The code preceding the link is: IMG (which you need to place within square brackets).

The code following the link is: /IMG (which also needs to be placed within square brackets).

TinyPic and others generate the URL, with the necessary IMG codes, automatically. But if I paste an example here, it will display the picture instead of the code!

Does this make some kind of sense?

Simon

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »
Thanks Simon.....Iíll add it to my Ďto doí list 👍

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 10:39:51 PM »
I've just gone onto TinyPic this evening, after a few days away, and see that the site will be closing later this year. Which is a double shame as:

(a) it was free
(b) there is no indication of how images hosted there can be recovered /transferred elsewhere once the site is finally switched off

So, I guess you end up with precisely what you paid for, which probably serves me right for being a skinflint in the first place, but is rather annoying all the same.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 08:11:38 AM »
TinyPic is owned by Photobucket, so it offers many of the same features. However, you donít need to create an account to upload photos, so you can quickly and easily upload a photo for sharing. To upload a photo, you simply select the image, add tags if you want to, and set the size of the photo. Youíll get a link that you can use to share a photo anywhere. The optional tags will allow TinyPic users to find your photos through a search.

If your image isnít viewed for 90 days, it will be deleted from the site. Therefore, if youíre looking for a site to permanently store your photos, TinyPic probably isnít the right choice. If you need a site to quickly upload a few photos to share in an email or on social media, it can be a great option, though.

Try Imgur

With Imgur, you can store an unlimited number of photos without worrying about your photos expiring. You donít need an account to upload photos to Imgur, but you can create a free account if you want to create albums, add captions, and upload your images via email attachments. They allow direct linking, and they give you a link for each image to post it in forums or embed it in HTML.

To upload a photo to Imgur, paste the photo onto the Imgur website, enter the imageís URL, or select an image from your computer. There are several apps available that help you upload photos from desktop computers and mobile devices.

You can upload JPG, JPEG, PNG, APNG, TIF, GIF, Animated GIF TIFF, BMP, PDF, and XCF filename formats to Imgur. The site supports non-animated files up to 20 MB and GIFs up to 200 MB.

Imgur is the most popular image-hosting site for Reddit, and it lets you upload photos quickly and painlessly. You can share photos with their generated embed code.

You can share the images easily on just about any social networking site, so itís one of the most highly-rated image hosting platforms.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
Many thanks, Simon - that sounds like just the thing for me!

Until they get snapped up by Photobucket, Facebook or the like, of course  :'(

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 08:46:12 PM »
I was told today that Battlegroup south are looking to put a game on at the event next year and maybe even turn it into a wargames show