Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old PP figures again  (Read 279 times)

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Old PP figures again
« on: May 23, 2019, 09:02:17 AM »
Just completed this Romandiole pike block for use with the Furioso rules. It can also be split into two blocks for use with Basic Impetus 2. Apart from the whole of the third base from the front, the bulk of the figures are from the discontinued Peter Pig range.

John Watson

• Star Supporter
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Re: Old PP figures again
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »
Very nice. I, for one, would love to see the Renaissance range re modelled and released.

Radar

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »
Thems are reet good (as some people in these parts would say)

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
The range of renaissance was originally made to go specifically with a set of rules called Maximillian. A DBA type system. I signed up to make the figures. Made the figures.
This was 1988. Then waited..........
The rules did eventually come out but I have never seen them.

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
I have them in two versions. They are quite specific to the Italian Wars, but unfortunately suffer from the usual DBX problem of the game becoming who is better at geometry and tessellation. Very quickly moved on to Impetus and now Furioso (although I do play FoGR with a mate who is an aficionado of those rules - but thatís in 10mm).

Brian Cameron

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:33:57 AM »
Renaissance - one of my favourite periods (specifically Italian Wars) since I first saw George Gush doing a game at a convention at the Russel Hotel in late 1971.  It would be great to see the range availabe again.

Brian

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 10:42:17 AM »
I think the molds were sold on. The cavalry would need redoing as they are very small in comparison to other 15mm figures:

These are the old cavali leggere

The pike, crossbow, arquebus, foot command, artillery, casualties and men being rude were really good. Only the mounted would need to be redone.

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
Nice comments, thank you.
The moulds went to Moon (?) miniatures in Bournemouth. I think they are now with Black cat bases of Bournemouth.The original range had 14 (?)packs in it. The aim of the range was to make figures that could be used for all the armies.
Maybe there will be another range at some point but no guarantees.

On a side note I also made  a range of 25mm Italian wars back in 1985. i made two armies but sold them off in 1990. So they area put there.  Added to this I did an ancient Indian army in 25mm. The owner is in Bournemouth and still uses them.

In 15mm I did  ranges of ancient Khmer, Russians, Mongols and some others I do not remember.

SimonC

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
Added to this I did an ancient Indian army in 25mm. The owner is in Bournemouth and still uses them.

In 15mm I did  ranges of ancient Khmer, Russians, Mongols and some others I do not remember.

I'd like to see pictures of all of these!