Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kit busting WA to small action SYW  (Read 623 times)

Clay

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Kit busting WA to small action SYW
« on: April 12, 2019, 03:12:24 PM »
Have any of you cats ever entertained the idea of trying this?  I know cuirassiers and battle cavalry would absolutely render WA into a whole new species of game.  But I am drawn to the “storm in a teacup” mentality of RFCM.  There must be a way. 

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Kit busting WA to small action SYW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 04:35:34 PM »
I agree that cavalry is the major difference between SYW (Seven Years war)and AWI (American War if Independence) .
I know very little about the SYW role and behaviour of cavalry but would like to see how it could be bolted on the WA(Washington's Army).

Paul in NZ

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »
Now this would be a great idea... to be honest I could only see the Cuirassiers, Prussian/British first fire being the only real difference...plus maybe different size units to represent Austrian battalions.

We could even use WA or RoF for Marlborough either before/after the pikes.

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
Joining an old thread but then I'm new to the forum.  I have 20 regiments of AWI cavalry to do just that once I have enough painted to do so.  4 are in the process of being painted and the rest are primed and ready to paint.  Just getting going on infantry, artillery, and generals, though - Franco-Spanish (17 battalions primed) division first and then some Germans (18-21 being moved along - of 30 total).  I figure if I paint the least used forces first then by the time I get to the 'stars of the show' I'll be able to run any scenario I can think up.