Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Skip finds  (Read 193 times)

Alex918

• Star Supporter
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
Skip finds
« on: February 17, 2019, 05:17:56 PM »
I donít usually skip five as a frequent activity, however a number of old picture frames were disposed of at work the other week and the wargamer in me immediately noticed a use for the hardboard backing.

A bit of sawing and I have around a dozen 12x6 terrain templates. And some of the hardboard pattern will go to use as cobbles for built up areas.
Additionally I also found some foam packaging.

That I am creating buildings with.

More progress to follow.

Leslie BT

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Skip finds
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »
Great work Alex the building look great, an article for Martins new magazine?

Alex918

• Star Supporter
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
Les, Yes, Iíll document the progress for the 15mm. Providing I pull my finger out and donít get distracted😁

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 04:15:01 AM »
The old saying " ones mans rubbish is another mans gold" it is ammazing what people throw away. The things i have brought home from work over the years. I am a dustman. I ve got 2 1/48 th scale still boxed and unmade aircraft up stairs, B24 and C130 both over £50 plus each as well scraps of wood, plastic card,foam board, old toys (great for AK 47 and other games) to 5 black bags of "old" unwanted models (£2-3000 worth) which a few people got a share of as a lot of it was 40K as well as other models,and some of my POE ships came from as well. Including samples of astro turf, great for "fields of crops" amoungst the many things i ve found over the years.