Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PBI competition  (Read 717 times)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: PBI competition
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 01:05:22 PM »
I am happy to build a 1940 army.
French.
If that is the way we go.

Hey - that's what I'm doing (what - you don't track every single order...?!) ...

How about sculpting a resin 1940 French Laffly truck (the AHS wasn't built until 1941, which I spotted just before I placed my order...)? - I will buy 15!

Wardy64

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Ben and I happy to go with 1940. Russian or Finnish, or BEF. Can look to fit in?

Dave

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 04:36:37 PM »
Simon
I assumed I was going to use your army.
So now I even have to bring my own army. Crickey!

15 eh.....

Big Mike

• Wild Boar
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 04:38:20 PM »
I have my early war Dutch, as well as British and German.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »
15 trucks, all armed with LMG’s , line abreast across the table, unbeatable

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »
15 trucks, all armed with LMG’s , line abreast across the table, unbeatable

No, no, no - those 15 trucks are to tow the Panzer-killing field guns, as well as to carry those recon squads armed solely with LMGs :)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
Simon
I assumed I was going to use your army.
So now I even have to bring my own army. Crickey!

15 eh.....

Ah - sorry - I'd better buy another one so that you have one to borrow too, then Martin?

I guess that would make it 30 trucks...

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 10:18:51 AM »
I don't mind which way round we do the themed days  next year. 1945  (Fall of the Reich) first or second?  Or 1940 (Fall of France) First or Second?  Must admit I go with Simon on this, as I ve got to paint a Field Grey German army; hopefully over this Winter ish...
Where I have a 1945 Army up and running. Or I can just replace my PIAT s with Boys A/T ?
Maybe a topic to be talked over at WWW this year ? As well as On here of course.
2021 we can go back to just the one year's 80th Anniversary, but it would be a waste not to do both next year, 1940 which I know a lot of people want to do as well as 1945 which is more my Favourite! 

Remember I know it seems to be a long way off. 2023. 1943 gives us an opportunity to do KURSK at a few of the shows on a Large table as well as some smaller battles; and even a battle day like we done Ardennes? and Arnhem ? So just to get peoples thoughts and tanks together, so people can't say I didnt know about that ?
We have a few other battles to think about before then, Russia, Desert and even the Jungle, but I would like to have the opportunity to do a big Tank orientated battle 30-40 tanks say each side in the future.
Miles

Wardy64

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 10:25:39 AM »
Guys

Ben and I have been giving this some thought, looking at what we want to do for 1940. Couple of ideas musing around, Winter War or early desert.

But before we start, I take it we are just working as individuals not planning a joined up 1940 day, as with Arnhem and the Ardennes?

Dave & Ben

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »
This is just a normal game day. As we don’t do competitions anymore. You can bring whichever army you like. I just listed the type of Army/Wars that were around in that year. I will be bringing either a British BEF or if I get it painted in time a German Pz Grenadier force.
It’s just a guide.
The one in November is Themed 1944.
That’s an Army that fits a list in the 1943-45 listings if it’s not got a dedicated list 1944.
So if it was German and you were saying it fought in Russia then it wouldn’t have King Tigers for instance as this would be pre July 1944. But if you said it fought in Poland/Hungry it would as this Is Autumn 1944.
Like I wouldn’t be able to field my Comets or Centurions as these were Early to mid 1945.
If you want to bring a themed table to the day then that’s ok. As we usually have a table already set up. If it was the snows of Finland I would try to keep the Italians of the Desert off the table !
Just some quick guidelines for you.
That’s why I put T28 orT35 ??? Maybe someone might put a Russian force with one or two of these monsters on the table ?
Just to give people ideas?
Miles

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »
I do like desert games :)

Wardy64

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 07:25:48 PM »
Cheers Miles. Think we will go for a themed table as we need two armies, just got to decide whether it's the heat of the desert and some RR armoured cars, or frozen Finns and some Vickers 6 tonners! Choices choices.

Dave and Ben

Leslie BT

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
Martin I am sure you do like dessert games, just you get the figures all sticky.