Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Field gun suggestions for SCW  (Read 240 times)

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Field gun suggestions for SCW
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »
Hello,

I've recently been enthused to paint my SCW figures, PP republicans, and moroccan troops.

I would like a couple of field guns for both sides, the options are: Range 13, pack no: 14 French 75mm, Range 16, Pack no: 14 German 77mm, Range 16, pack no: 37. Belgian Krupp 1905, and Range 16, pack no: 47, Russian 76mm Putilov?

Would an ACW limber be a suitable tow? Or a light truck? I know the republicans used captured CV33 with mgs removed as prime movers.

Thank you and regards,

Martin

Alex M

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Field gun suggestions for SCW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
I have used french 75mm for the Republicans and German77mm for the Nationalists . From the pictures ive seen most guns were towed by trucks , German and  Italian for the Nationalists and Russian for the Republicans . Some anti tank guns were just carried on the back of lorries and not even towed .

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
Hi Alex,

Thank you, that's what I was thinking. I sgree about the truck tows, who makes 15mm Italian light trucks?

Regards,

Martin

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »
You could use an REO speedwagon!  And take it on the run?

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
Hi Martin, I have been looking at your vehicles including the REO speed wagon, I was thinking of getting two, using one as is, and separating the cab from the pickup body and using it to make a medium truck.

I need to make a shopping list and get an order in for collection at York as the deadline is approaching soon.

Thank you and regards,

Martin