Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Field gun suggestions for SCW  (Read 433 times)

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Field gun suggestions for SCW
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »
Hello,

I've recently been enthused to paint my SCW figures, PP republicans, and moroccan troops.

I would like a couple of field guns for both sides, the options are: Range 13, pack no: 14 French 75mm, Range 16, Pack no: 14 German 77mm, Range 16, pack no: 37. Belgian Krupp 1905, and Range 16, pack no: 47, Russian 76mm Putilov?

Would an ACW limber be a suitable tow? Or a light truck? I know the republicans used captured CV33 with mgs removed as prime movers.

Thank you and regards,

Martin

Alex M

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Field gun suggestions for SCW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
I have used french 75mm for the Republicans and German77mm for the Nationalists . From the pictures ive seen most guns were towed by trucks , German and  Italian for the Nationalists and Russian for the Republicans . Some anti tank guns were just carried on the back of lorries and not even towed .

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
Hi Alex,

Thank you, that's what I was thinking. I sgree about the truck tows, who makes 15mm Italian light trucks?

Regards,

Martin

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »
You could use an REO speedwagon!  And take it on the run?

Smoking gun

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
Hi Martin, I have been looking at your vehicles including the REO speed wagon, I was thinking of getting two, using one as is, and separating the cab from the pickup body and using it to make a medium truck.

I need to make a shopping list and get an order in for collection at York as the deadline is approaching soon.

Thank you and regards,

Martin

owaincaesarius

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »
Heresy it may be but most of my armies operate with basic trucks- green ones for WW2 British and Soviets and my Republican Spanish, Grey ones for the baddies of either nationalist or German persuasion. As the collection gets bigger more specific ones are acquired.