Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Train wreckers June 1944  (Read 1428 times)

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Train wreckers June 1944
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »
Simon good to see your keeping Martin up to the mark on these 15 Mill games, its taking all my time to keep up with BB to keep Martin republishing with the corrections.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »
Simon good to see your keeping Martin up to the mark on these 15 Mill games, its taking all my time to keep up with BB to keep Martin republishing with the corrections.

Yep - it's all about "divide and conquer". We can't have Martin slacking off.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »
Martin - thanks for version 8 - looking good!

A few more points that I think I know the answer to, but which might be worth clarifying:

a) there is no "carry-over" of Resistance forces from one Zone to another (since they're supposed to be simultaneous attacks at geographically dispersed locations)?
b) can the German roll for extra man even if he has had all his original ones killed?
c) can the "German" roll for extra German troops (instead of carrying out actions) if none were present initially (i.e. no troops at all e.g in a failed bluff, or else Gendarmes only)?
d) Resistance interrogation table: since there is a minimum of 1 item per zone, the French payer would be foolish to guess zero (I'm sure our heroes are sharper than that...?)
e) Actions (page 8 ): it might be worthwhile pointing out that some figures may not be able to move at all (if the player has foolishly thrown a low dice, or other figures have been greedy in their use of action points)?
f) Resistance task: presumably one step being occupied by the Germans does not prevent attempts to place charges in other target steps?
g) Movement: reasons for movement could also be: to physically block enemy movement and/or to set a charge (if Resistance)
h) Turn sequence: it might be worth mentioning that even though the battle clock may still be running, the Zone activity ends if one or other player completes their task?
i) strictly, Gendarmes are - I believe - part of the French army, and so we should probably avoid the use of the term "police" throughout?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Train wreckers update
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 02:44:17 AM »
After a bit (not much) of play testing there is a better version.
See front page of PP website.
XXXX=play sheet
YYYYY= rules

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Train wreckers update
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 01:16:43 PM »
Thanks Martin

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »
A few further comments / queries on version 11 - I'll email separately a mark-up with the (even more...) minor tweaks, Martin:
  • it should be "Bayeux", not "Bayeaux" in the various tables
  • which is pronounced (page 4) more like "buy-ur" in French (or "bay-ur" in English)
  • it might be helpful for the 2 graphics on page 5 to be of the same length (since the two tables are both 18 inches long)
  • "maquisards", not "maquisades" on page 7
  • most importantly, is it a maximum of 4 (page 8 ) or 3 (pages 9 and 10) attempts per turn at the task completion?