Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 15mm Format  (Read 168 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: 15mm Format
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
I am more than happy with a "ten pager" or even a "twenty pager". I aim to be inclusive. If the Jehovah's Witnesses have a 15mm article , then fine. If an edition is solely focussed on siege warfare then fine too.  Let us just get it launched before worrying ourselves about odds and ends.
I do not think the Mill will automatically appeal to any one group.
Just get it done and let anyone read it.  The most important market is us. If we like it then we will probably get a further edition done.
We are not doing it just as an exercise in altruism for folk who probably don't care anyway.

We are going to enjoy our own biscuits!

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »
Hmmmm....custard creams for me please.

I think the advantage of an online web-zine/blog us that articles CAN be as big as you like. There's no page count to worry about. A 10 page battle report is a lot of words and pictures but may appeal to some and not others. Being able to add a video link in too is bother bonus. Truly a multi media approach.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »
True words Sean. Needs to be relayed to others, 
The magazine need not be any particular length because the cost is about the same. People do need to be re-assured that the cost of putting the magazine out does not change if it is longer.  The internet will allow any length (within reason). I accept that a bigger size will take longer to download.

Once edition 1 is out we can then evolve it.
I should have said this earlier?

Whilst not wishing to state the obvious too much; readers can also skip any articles that they do not wish to read.
For example, there might be an article on 15mm artillery guns. If a reader does not have any interest in 15mm artillery guns he or she can scroll through to the next article.
This may all seem very obvious, but in light of the upset that fantasy has already caused,  it may need to be said very very clearly indeed.
I refer folk back to my earlier posts if they need info on what the magazine will be like.
I can re-state other obvious facts, but to me it seems a bit patronising on my part, to be constantly re-stating what i think is obvious?

Keep up the positive ideas and do not worry about the first edition.
If we lose money or make a big profit on edition 1 it matters not. 
I am prepared to fund it. 
If it is not popular, then we can carry on anyway or even reduce the cover price to mollify  potential readers who feel let down or cheated?