Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: the 15Mill stands up  (Read 86 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
the 15Mill stands up
« on: December 01, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »
Gentlemen. Start your engines.
Please submit an article for the January Mill. Send them to me at peterpig@btinternet*com. 

I suggest that articles have a first name, rather than a full name or unusual alias.

I will get the first edition out early part of January 2019.  Once the first edition is out, I will contact companies and individuals. This is so that i can point to something "solid" and say "interested?"

I think it will be better to launch and then point, rather than point first?

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: the 15Mill stands up
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
I think it will be better to launch and then point, rather than point first?

It is indeed generally better to shoot first and ask questions later  :D

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 11:19:50 AM »
OK, so I've committed to doing an article about scenery suppliers (and have started a "wisdom of the crowds" thread on the relevant board).

Things I could see myself (or indeed someone else!) doing for future issues include:
 - "Tools of the Trade" - all those odds and ends we use for modelling and painting
 - "Gaming Paraphernalia" - mats, storage, gaming aids...
 - "DIY in 15mm" - sources of paints and other materials for scratch-building scenery and other gaming items - to complement (or maybe combine with) the "scavenger hunting" article that Les has proposed that Miles writes?

And presumably, if Martin is going to ask other firms to participate, we should also include a list of 15mm figure and vehicle suppliers somewhere in the magazine?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:29:36 AM »
Sounds great Simon.

My plans are for rules focus type articles with maybe a new scenario for each ruleset thrown in. I'm always drawn to refighting historical battles using the RFCM rules. Most of the 'big battle' rules have numerous scenarios included. I've got one for Picketts Charge in preparation.

I've also got the basis of a short campaign for Vietnam called Tour of Duty.

These will all be RFCM and Peter Pig centric as it's what I know best. I suppose figures other than Peter Pig could be used but they would have to be at the owners own risk 😁

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
I suppose figures other than Peter Pig could be used but they would have to be at the owners own risk 😁

I say: why take the chance? I've heard that Piggy figures fight harder than those from other manufacturers.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »
I have sent a small article in about 3D printed buildings

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »
I suppose figures other than Peter Pig could be used but they would have to be at the owners own risk 😁

I say: why take the chance? I've heard that Piggy figures fight harder than those from other manufacturers.
Well my QRF kilted Scots HMG team will be ably supporting my PP WWI kilted Scots infantry.