Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ECW Flags  (Read 116 times)

Westie

• Piglet
    • View Profile
ECW Flags
« on: November 22, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
Now that I've painted my first standard bearer (a Covenanter) and about to start on to my next one (an English Royalist/Parliamentary), I need a flag to fit a Peter Pig figure.

I don't have a drill and I don't want one (yet) so there will be no cutting off the existing flag pole, drilling and replacement with wire. On the existing Peter Pig figure,  reckon I have a 16mm depth (max.) to play with. Any suggestions for flag producers? I looked at Wargames Designs but if my memory serves me well, their 15mm flags are 20mm deep. Has anyone tried Flags of War? If I had my old PC, I would probably have tried downloading from the Warflag site but I now have a mac and not so sure about how I would go about this now. What are the rest of you doing about ECW flags?

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: ECW Flags
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
Westie - even if you don't want a drill (which in any case might not be the right tool), have you liked at a pin vice? This is probably more suitable, and much cheaper than a minidrill?

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 06:27:41 PM »
I'm quite a fan of Maverick Models flags.
See here http://www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk/2017/12/standards.html?m=1 I really like the material flags he produces.
Stuart has a few Covenanter standards available that aren't listed on his website, see my Scotland the brave posts for pics. I can tell you which regiments he has (but not on the website) when I am next on my PC.

Stuart will tweak flags to any size you want. Having said that I have found his standard 15mm (scale rather than flag dimensions) sized flags fit great.

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »
Covenant regiments of foot: Master of Testers (I think he has them all); Earl of Buccleugh's (again all); Earl of Crawford-Lindsay (definitely got 1st captain, not sure I sent them all to him); plus William Douglas of Kilhead, Captain Bruce's  company is in the pipeline.

If there is a specific flag you want making up, Stuart will do so. He's probably sick of me asking him for flags. If you can't find a flag online, message me and I'll look in Fahnen und Standarten. If it's in there, I'll scan you the flag.

Westie

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
Thanks for that, guys. I'll look into your suggestions. The Earl of Crawford-Lindsay looks like a good pick (think they were at Marston Moor and possibly Kilsyth?). Cheers.

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »
All of those Covenanter foot regiments were at Marston Moor.

Westie

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »
Just a quick post to correct my initial post - I've just found out that it states on the Wargames Designs website that they will also consider re-sizing requests if you e-mail them.