Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ECW Dragoons  (Read 208 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
ECW Dragoons
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
After all the discussion about dragoons i had put the matter to one side for future efforts. At the moment i am starting the VC etc. But, wouldn't you know it, the dragoon mould needs re doing!

So there will be  two new foot dragoon packs.  Command and dragoons doing shooting etc.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: ECW Dragoons
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
So, the trick is for us all to buy so many figures that the moulds wear out, and then we get new and extra castings....?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 12:36:23 PM »
Seems to be a  cunning plan??

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »
Mounted command and command on foot please. The all important drummer on horseback is essential.

Some dragoons loading would be rather nice too.

Not quite sure how you will fit all that in to just two packs though.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
The dragoons are coming along fine. I hope to get some news out next week.

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
:)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:46 AM »
Better late than late?

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
No rush here. I made command stands for my dragoons using a mounted dragoon as an officer, cavalry with hat standard bearer, empty horse from horse holder pack and an infantry pack drummer.

More dragoons are in order, but they would be joining a queue of a sconce, 5 regiments of foot, witches/werewolves and the like (Witchfinder General) and some more artillery.

I've started adhering to some rules - I can only buy a new batch of figures when I start basing the final figures of the current batch. So I'm guessing Vapnartak time or Salute if I'm being slovenly.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »
Having just prepped my new figures I am hoping to make a big dent in the lead pile over the winter months ready for a spring offensive (I.e. buying more figures!)

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:00 PM »
At the risk of sounding like someone in a ferrero richer advert..."but ambassador you spoil us" I notice four new dragoon packs have made it onto the shop lists.

Mounted drummer no less! Swoons.

Thank  you Martin.

Just a thought, rather than two mounted dragoon command packs why not simplify it with just one pack  consisting of an officer, drummer and a cornet? The generals pack has three figures in. Or if it bothers your four horsey chaps in a pack mantra add a mounted dragoon .

The only glaring omissions from the range now are marching pike (cast pikes and open hand variants), and lowland pike open hand

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »
Glad this is good news.
When they are out, please spread the word, or put up some pictures of painted ones, thanks.

The new mounted packs each have two poses. Pack A= drummer + Officer  pack B=standard + officer.  This will allow players to not have drummers if they do not want them.  In some rules dragoon units are very small.  Thus players might want to maximise troopers and reduce command.

I do prefer to give 4 mounted figures  per pack except for shorter production packs, such as generals.
I never like packs with 1 of something because any casting failures lose packs.

Once the mounted are done i really need to get on with other tasks.  The way things often go is that gamers often observe only the range they are interested in. This is fine, but if their range gets too neglected,  they too feel neglected.

My intent is to keep everyone happy...easy enough, surely??

Next jobs before Christmas are remade German WW2 heads, remade tchanka horses, figures for duel game, figures for pirate hostages, rebuilds of dollies 7,8 and 9, heads for VC, AK47 for VC, first packs of VC, sash cuirassiers.....etc..  then Mike must make the moulds and put them into production.

That needs to be done in next two weeks...

Mr Busy will be visiting the PP work desk!

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 11:01:21 PM »
You could do with some of Santa's elves coming to help. That's a long list of things to do. Hope you get some rest for the festivities.

Would an article describing the sculpting process be feasible in your spare time ? 😂 (that's a joke by the way!)

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »
Don't worry Martin I wasn't cracking the whip for more ECW packs. I fully understand that you have to appease those ne'er-do-wells who don't play ECW (shudders). ;)

Of course I will put some pics of them once painted, both here and on my blog. I think my realistic goal setting will be Vapnartak time (can't buy more figures until I've painted the current box full). Will the PP pantechnicon be driving north for the show?

Interesting logic behind your mounted command rationale. Makes sense, hadn't thought about following rules parameters. I ignore all that unit size and basing nonsense, my goal is to make my units look like they stepped off Streeter's Plan. Rules then get tweaked to fit my units.(For those of you needing a lie  down reading that I do, of course, apply some logic to my frontages, with regards to foot/horse/artillery.)

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 10:32:54 AM »
Oh my golly gosh! Someone has got all giddy sculpting dragoons. A fifth pack. Dragoons hurrying.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
Radar - you now just need to place your order for 20 packs of each for Martin's Christmas to come early  :D