Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The 15 Mill  (Read 16293 times)

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Why 15mm?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 06:53:41 AM »
21. Completeness of ranges.
22. PP makes conversions easier, even with other manufacturers’ figures.
23. Unusual/marker figures often not available in the smaller scales, eg. PP ammo carriers, civilians, ECW medics, Matchlock’s ECW general in a sedan chair, surgeon and patient.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Promote 15mm
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:10 AM »
I’m playing another 15mm game today - C17th Poles v Ottomans.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
That Sedan chair looks lovely. Radar has one painted up on his blog.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: 15mm promotion
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 10:02:49 AM »
Well, I will mull it over and give out sit reps!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »
24. The figures and scenery (particularly with the current trend for base cloths) take up far less sotrage volume than larger scales.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: 15mm promotion
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »
Isn't much of the proposed content stuff that RFCM members would post under existing headings on this Forum?

Meaning that we could get a double-whammy by encouraging to scribe here accordingly, with the most appropriate posts being included in any PP ezine?

Duncan

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
Maybe, but you may get input from other manufacturers of either figures or scenery etc, or people interested in fantasy and sci-fi 15mm stuff who may not post here as this forum tends to be more or less entirely for historical wargaming.

It would be important I think to spread the word and maybe add links to other forums to entice contributions. But it could be a good thing.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2018, 11:25:29 AM »
Duncan: agreed - I was trying to suggest that this Forum could generate content for inclusion in a publication produced by, and destined for, a wider 15mm readership.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2018, 01:42:37 PM »
Yep, agreed.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Rules in the magazine
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
Assuming that the 15Mill magazine will happen. Do form members rather like a little mini set of rules, or are you not too bothered either way.   Thinking of a complete set of rules that covers a very , very specific situation. e.g an 18th century pistol duel (that was my first idea if it would be well received).  Then forum members could produce their own little rulettes (not Rubettes) ?  The focus is on very very specific military actions  e.g climbing a siege ladder, ACW sniper, crossing a minefield with a bayonet for detection, rear gunner in Lancaster bomber etc...

Duncan

Re: Rules in the magazine
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 01:55:31 AM »
I would not object to rules being in the magazine as it should be for everyone, but i would prefer the focus to be on who is producing what minatures, both manufacturers and individuals conversions and overviews of people's armies and/or scenery.
So whilst i would prefer to not have rules i do not overly object to it, just not what i want the main focus to be on.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:14 AM »
The rules sound fun, but I agree are probably not essential. Maybe more fundamentally, how do they help promote 15mm?

A pistol skirmish would be a 2-figure fight? Probably not the best showcase for the 15mm effect? Or for selling boxes of PP figures?

I guess I'm just a little confused.

Duncan

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:50 AM »
I guess it depends on our focus. I know (You just have to look at the maths thread.) that Martin likes rules and everything maths, therefore would want to include that. I imagine a few others are that way inclined so to be inclusive there is no harm. But as you say that is, whilst marginally interesting, not looking at the models that are on offer.
From my own perspective i would buy a huge army to pai t and model and not ever worry about buying rules, if it was just down to me as i have very little interest in gaming, as opposed to the collecting side of the hobby. The appeal of 15mm is to be able to get a reasonably large army together that does not take up much space for storage.
Now, when i was younger and collected GW stuff, i would buy a codex as it was crammed full of nice pictures of painted, built, converted models i could draw inspiration from. I used to glance through the background information to get an idea and feel for what i was building, but would ignore all the rule and stat bits entirely. Also although i had all the codex, annuals and compendiums etc, for the same reason, it NEVER once occurred to me to buy a rulebook as it held zero interst for me.
So, it depends what you want from the magazine. As you know, i want nice pictures crammed full of PP minis as well as those of other manufacturers, historical, fantasy and Sci-fi; not to mentions people own personal armies. But i accept that there maybe a certain amount of rules and stats so as to appeal to everyone.

pbeccas (Paul)

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
How about a scenario for one of the RFCM rulebooks.  Like a specific Square Bashing battle, or a Western skirmish.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »
How about a scenario for one of the RFCM rulebooks.  Like a specific Square Bashing battle, or a Western skirmish.

That is an excellent idea. Not only (hopefully) of interest to readers, but also something that could promote the rules and drive sales of figures. Ideally, there would be the scenario, and then a report of an actual game, replete with (attractive) photos!