Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The 15 Mill  (Read 1660 times)

Duncan

Re: The 15 Mill
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2018, 09:42:30 AM »
Well i have just put out feelers in the 15mm fantasy forum which as it happens is a lot more active than this one and is by invite only, (which thinking about it maybe why the link i posted did not allow access, as it lets me in fine.) to get info on suppliers and there are loads of them, admittedly some only have small ranges. I think the fantasy forum being invite only is a good thing as it keeps it reasonably civil and polices the potential teenage metalhead smelly types.
Anyway myself i have been building a large 15mm chaos Dwarf army and am loving all the conversion work and scratch building that you do not get so much of in historicals. I always wanted a Chaos Dwarf army with the big hats etc when i was a teenager butvby the time i was oldcenough to afford them GW had discontinued the range. To be able to get one now in 15mm is a real plus for me especially being able to talk to the sculptor and retailer putting forward suggestions and ideas and getting sneak peaks at what is coming in the range. These fit nicely alongside other 15mm figures, they are about 12mm without the hat so ideal, i can see them going up against my Saxons, WOR or even ECW armies as they could be themed either way.
Therefore i would like to see fantasy inc.uded as much as any other range, especially as PP makes them and nice they arecas well, especially the snail riding gnomes! We need some more poses on them though Martin, any chance?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »
Is it titled '15mm Fantasy Gaming' Duncan? I've just sent a join request through under my pseudonym Bob Point (it's along story as to why I use this name but is mainly to protect myself from some of my less satisfied customers....)

Being going for 4 years with over 800 members and over 200 posts in the last 28 days. The problem with Facebook groups is that although as you say it's a closed group, there is no real vetting of new members and I've yet to see any group not have it's share of idiots who will use bulky boy tactics and demean other members. It takes a strong admin to get on top of these issues.

I'll take a look at the content and maybe even paint up my Dwarves over Christmas. Maybe I should just paint 7 of them and  find a suitable princess type figure for them to look after.

Hi Ho

Duncan

« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »
I was sent an invite from Mathias at Admiralty Minatures (l think he is one of the Admin people.) as they liked my conversion stuff and the painting of the figures i got ffom him.
Still it is always good to get new members. I have to say i have not noticed anything worse going on there than what i have on this forum.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:21 PM »
We need to sort out this Iron Maiden shirts thing.
Should it be a specific section or maybe  a recurring note in the magazine.
How about "I like Iron Maiden and also (name the period)".   Opens up a  whole lot of relational statements. e.g. I use a plain table top  and play mainly horse and musket.
Such dust goes well in a magazine.
Let's call it "COMMENT"

Duncan

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
Sounds like a plan, but we may want to make it clear it is An Iron Maiden, which will be quite apt, as opposed to The Iron Maiden band, you don't want any copyright issues (I assume?) Although maybe an issue about Copyright may be something to explore In itself?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
I think it depends on what articles actually get submitted. If something of a more fantastical nature turn up that is relevant to the 15 mil crowd that's fine. Do we need a regular section for non historical items?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
Fortunately there is no copyright consideration when discussing Iron Maiden. There, just did it. Copyright comes into play when you use their created output, images or sounds.
I have already dealt with overarching copyright matters in a much earlier post. Do see that. All is well.

A more important  legal consideration is about small companies.   Many of them trade illegally in that they do not provide a postal address and telephone number.  This is indeed  a minor point, but the lack of identifiable provenance might mean they are a "shell" for something else. Such as pirating figures or part of a bigger firm.  Should the Mill support dishonesty?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »
If it is submitted I think we should/want/must publish it. I do not think we need to make sci or fantasy any special sub genre in the same way that  ACW is not a special sub genre.  All is grist and all is welcome.

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »
So when discussing fantasy you have to shoe horn Iron Maiden in to it somehow? If that's the case ECW involves ex-army boots with no laces and a dog on a bit of string, wearing Levellers/New Model Army t-shirts then?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »
Just write the articles and we will try to get them in.

Duncan

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2018, 07:51:04 PM »
Is it titled '15mm Fantasy Gaming' Duncan? I've just sent a join request through under my pseudonym Bob Point (it's along story as to why I use this name but is mainly to protect myself from some of my less satisfied customers....)

Sean, if it helps, (not sure it will?) I have emailed Mathias (one of the admin.) to vouch for younas a good egg. Just incase they want a reference from a current member to grant access, hope it helps you in?

Let us know what they say?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:41 PM »
You are a gentleman Duncan. Thank you.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
Nice summary of the aims and guidance for The 15 Mill on the PP website, Martin!

For those that have not yet spotted it yet, please have a look here:

http://www.peterpig.co.uk/the15MILL.html

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »
Sounding excellent.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
The summary and aims do not say where it will be published, on line, in a blog, on the RCFM site or somewhere else?