Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Organisation  (Read 874 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Organisation
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »
Planning and organising your painting projects is important to maintain momentum. In the past I have been put off fromantic sitting down to paint because I just wasn't organised enough. If I'm in a painting mood I need to have stuff ready to go.

I've just ordered 200 ziplock bags to baget up my unpainted figures into units. I'll put a little note in with them to state what I intend to with them and then when I'm ready they can join the production line.

Unlike Stewart M I have a sizeable  painting pile (actually a 6 litre Really Useful Box full of little Piggies). Some of these figures were bought years ago and I'm really not sure what there is. So when the bags arrive I'll sit down and sort them out into units.

Anyway, I'm off to the painting room. Pictures will definitely arrive today Colonel. You have my word!

DorchesterBede

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Re: Organisation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
Sean

Are you sure organising the unpainted pile into neat little 'bags' isn't just another means of delaying/putting off the actual task of painting. I've just re based a load of 15mm celts for no reason other then I didn't like the old bases, should have been painting WW1 French. Now does my Late Roman Army need rebasing...........

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 12:24:47 PM »
You're right Chris. Delaying tactics. But fruitful work all the same!

Thanks to a good mornings work I can smell aerosol can fumes drifting in from the garage where I have just sprayed my late war British destined for the Somme at the Piggie weekender. I'd say thats good forward planning.

An afternoon of digging trenches is my reward!

Fat Wally

• Wild Boar
  • Figure painter & house husband, living the dream.
    • View Profile
    • Fat Wally's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
I use plastic hobby boxes, often used for sewing and jewellry, (got mine from HobbyCraft) which have individual compartments to store units to paint.  Typically one of more boxes per army.  Means I can view at a glance exactly what I've got and can prioritise them easily.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:49:57 AM »
I have just started my 3mm Shiloh project, having just completed my Langensaltza project. This is something I have just discovered that is incredibly helpful for organisation, i.e. plan a particular battle, organise the figures for that battle, paint them up, play the battle. Meanwhile, plan and prepare for the next battle. I find this fixes one's focus because without the figures that battle will never get played, It does help if you have regular opponents who can supply their figures for games whilst you are painting yours.