Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SB Turks v Russians  (Read 111 times)

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
SB Turks v Russians
« on: October 05, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »
Introduced a Walter Schnaffs player to real Square Bashing. He ended up being the Russian defender, with a shed load of reservists. The Turkish attackers also had a load of reservists, so fun sure to ensue. We set the scenery as hilly and rough Caucasus terrain. We played three full turns on Wednesday, with the intention of finishing next Wednesday. There were some vicious clashes, with Russian reserves turning up with alarming regularity. The Turks, however, looked as though they could break through to the rear of the Russian area.

The figures belong to the Liverpool Wargames Club, and have been based for rules where individual figures are removed, thus giving us the half base. There are no casualty figures, so we used my GF9 explosions for morale markers. I think the figures are old Minifigs from the 1980s (in fact I believe the Russian infantry are actually Napoleonic).

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: SB Turks v Russians
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »
Looks like there is fun to be had. Reservists can drive one to distraction. But they can redeem themselves now and again.

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:43:18 PM »
Oh dear! that ended badly for my Turks. Despite massing troops in the centre, the Russians successfully crushed both flanks, including a rear attack by cavalry on the right flank, which took out two units of reservists completely. There were troops to their front and flank as well - not a pretty sight. The left also disappeared back, and in one case off board. When the turn counter ended and the damage was assessed the Russians had won by 44 points, a pretty comprehensive victory.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:18 AM »
Nice report. Goes to show you don't need fancy pants absolutely historical figures to have a good time.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
Nice report. Goes to show you don't need fancy pants absolutely historical figures to have a good time.

But it still helps if they're nicely painted and based, as these ones certainly are!