Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Partizan  (Read 1439 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Partizan
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:45:38 PM »
Looking forward to Partizan towards the end of August (just before my birthday  :D)

The new venue is a vast improvement on Kelham Hall. It's light, there's loads of space to move around and access for traders is a doddle as its all on one level.

Anyone else going?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Partizan
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 06:19:31 PM »
The old place was getting worse in terms of access. Don't know if the finances are still good though?

martin

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »
The new venue is excellent. Lots of light. Easy access for traders.  All on one level. Great atmosphere.

I'm really looking forward to going and have a shopping list of bits and pieces including paint, some damaged MDF buildings, trench pieces from Ironclad, grass tufts and I usually find a book or two for the library.

I have a largish order for Peter Pig whichave is taking most of my hobby budget. My birthday is next week but I don't think the hints that I need some more little Piggies has been picked up on.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 02:49:37 PM »
I've never yet made it to Partizan, but one day - if I combine it with a visit to the nearby ECW sites. Not really viable as a one day trip from Liverpool to Newark.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 02:36:35 AM »
My trip is in jeopardy  now as my little girl has a displaced fracture of her wrist following a gymnastics accident that requires surgery in the morning 😯

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »

My haul from Partizan today. Not one figure purchased! I did get a load of bits for my Somme game. Three new reference books came at a decent price. The spray is the British khaki I am going to use for my Somme British. I've chickened out of the yellow khaki I had sprayed them. The new spray is the Plastic Soldier Company one and looks like it will do the job nicely. The tufts are for my Vietnam and I also picked up all the sabot bases I will need for the new Men of Company B. My biggest purchase was the trenches from Ironclad miniatures.

And here are the trenches, along with the few I already had, laid out. So my new plan for the Piggie weekender is to use these trenches with other laid on bits of terrain. I still intend to complete my bespoke boards with custom built trenches, but I'm now planning a larger game of Squarebashing and don't have  the time to do a 6' board. The green cloth is 6'x4'. I'll dirty this up around the area where the trenches will sit. I'll go into a bit more detail in another post.

I had a great day wandering around the new venue. It is 1000% better than Kelham Hall. So much room and light. A few traders were missing, Lanchashire Games, S&A Scenics and Kallistra to name a few. But there were some great games on display (albeit not 1 15mm game!). I'd recommnend anyone to give it a go, particularly if  you didn't like the old venue.

And here is me in my forum T Shirt. I wore this today and looked the classiest gamer in town.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »
Sounds like a really good weekend. How strange that I also bought King of Kings this weekend, having just finished Fire in the East. My last visit to a show (Phalanx) also resulted in more stuff than figures.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
Harry Sidebottom was at the show and signed it for me. He assured me this won't affect the sell on value 😂

emphatz

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
    • My Blogger Acct
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
Wow, nice haul you got for your self, but no piccies of the gaming tables..... :'(

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »
Loads of pieces of the gaming tables but short on time last night. I'll post them up later after work.

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
There goes that darned autocorrect again!  >:(