Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Questions ref gunnery if this is OK?  (Read 58 times)

Duncan

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Questions ref gunnery if this is OK?
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
Sorry, most f it is fine. I have two queries.

1: Chasers. The last couple of games have had one roll, no re-rolls. Looking at rules 35 though it is a bit unclear to me which is correct. Page 40 states that there are no modifiers allowed but re-rolls are allowed, whereas Page 41 states that re-rolls are not allowed.  Maybe I am reading it wrong?

2: The broadside arc is 2, 1, 2 hexs. That is fine, but I am unsure of when ships are blocking or have to share hits. If a ship is in the same hex then even if it is hidden, say a small warship the opposite side of a large merchant, being in the same square means they share the hits? If a ship is in the first row of two hexs, but the target is in the third row of two hexs with no line of sight blocking, does it still share hits? Some people seem to think it does, but others don't? How about if the ship in the way is in the middle hex, does this prevent targeting? I imagine it would but if it could be clarified please.

One other thing, I am pretty sure I have right now. If a ship passes another in the same hex, then that is fine, no problem, but if it ends its turn in the same hex as another then they have to roll for sail tangles. This does not apply to boarding actions.

Thanks.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Questions ref gunnery if this is OK?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:32:59 PM »
Duncan remember the rules are still being play tested and are in a state of flux, any changes made on the games table may not appear in all parts of the rules as this takes time and things do change.
At present
1. Chases- no re-rolls 1D6, May be used many times in a turn
2. If two ships in target hex then they share any hits, canít fire into or out of a heís with boarding action taking place. In your example , tgt in 3rd row is blocked by ships in nearer row of hexes, you can not shoot threw a hex with ships in to a tgt beyond them.