Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Humbrol Enamels  (Read 483 times)

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Humbrol Enamels
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
Yep, those silver and gold pens are excellent for highlighting.

Big Mike

• Wild Boar
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »
It is interesting how the Humbrol enamels still feature in shops today despite the acrylic take-over. Possible due to nostalgia (Grandad, who no longer really makes models but has decided to  buy his grandson their first plastic kit for Christmas along with the recommended paints which are usually
Humbrols). I bought some green and brown enamels in desperation to finish off WW2 RAF fighters. The colours were spot on and took me back to my childhood. Too much stirring and cleaning though. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »
Just tried to get hold of some Humbrol acrylic dark earth (29?), noticed that Humbrol appear to moving their acrylics into the CdA/ Foundry/P3 pots.
Lots of colours out of stock on Humbrol website, and you guessed it, dark earth was one of them.

There are a few colours in the new pots, 30% extra free. Currently the same price as the smaller older style pots.

Updated: just learnt the Humbrol acrylics are made in Manchester. So I'm guessing the same firm that makes CdA and Foundry

Radar

• Supporter 2018
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
The Holy Grail of Humbrol acrylics is available again. Dark earth 29, now available in CdA/Foundry/P3 pots (more paint in a pot too!).

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Smiley Miley 66

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 04:44:56 AM »
You know Humbrol do a lot of the Old colours in acrylic now ? As well as some newer colours too.