Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New range of generals  (Read 1731 times)

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: New range of generals
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »
An interesting response.  :o

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »
I don;t know who "gets" is either.   Maybe John P Getty?

Leslie BT

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »
Generals for the South looking good as well as some nice marching artillery men.

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
I must admit I really do like the heads on those Confederate artillery and I think they will be eminently useful as a crew faffing around a gun that has already been unlimbered.

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
Just seen the two new Confederate generals, which I particularly like. Beauregard will definitely be getting his signature red kepi. Also like the western Union troops, as I really enjoy games set in this more neglected theatre of the war. I also do head swaps of hats for forage caps on some troops to give westerners - particularly good with the tatty federals for the real bummer look for fighting down to Atlanta.

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 05:57:26 AM »
So, there is a good chance I'll buy at least some of the Union generals, Burnsides looks really good.  But I'm puzzled - perhaps temporarily - but I don't see the big three for the Union: Grant, Sherman, and Sheridan.  And also missing Hooker.  All yet to come?

I'd likely buy more but I already have a vast ACW collection, 65 infantry regiments either fully or partially painted (had been fully but I redesigned my basing scheme for a 'new' set of rules instead of the long played Johnny Reb II), 9 regiments of cavalry, 18 batteries of artillery, probably twenty generals, and assorted wagons.  And a large quantity more of unpainted figures to total over 100 infantry regiments and 25 cavalry regiments.  And more and more for all aspects including some Contraband figures.

But, again, curious about the missing Union generals of most lasting repute.

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »
Could be because the three you mentioned are associated with the west. Most of the ACW gamers I know prefer to fight eastern battles upto and including Gettysburg. Never seen my club play a late war battle, eg Cold Harbor or Franklin. They do play Shiloh quite frequently, but to my knowledge Iím the only one who has put on scenarios from Chickamauga, the march to Atlanta, and Champion Hill.

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »
Fear not chaps.
When i work on a range I usually do a few packs at a time.
This usually takes the form of 3 packs, then another 3 packs etc.

There are 3 union generals in production. 5 more are being worked on. After that there will be another 5.  Of course there will be some gaps in what is made. There were a lot of generals!

You are correct that Sherman, Sheridan and Grant are not in the first few. Will I include them? Possibly. :)

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
Leman, I am with you - I run late war games and others locally just recently did first day Chickamauga.  However, the 'big' three all were in the Eastern theater post Gettysburg.  I've done Stones River and other western battles besides Shiloh.  It was a big war with a lot of battles, east and west.   

Martin, I will keep watching what develops in the ACW generals - and other stuff besides.

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 03:59:27 PM »
Watch this space :)

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
IIRC Grant and Sheridan went east but Sherman remained to lead the Atlanta campaign, and then the march through Georgia and up the Carolinas. I think Thomas then became the chief man in the west, McPherson having been killed outside Atlanta.

FifteensAway

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 02:32:52 AM »
Indeedy-do.  The Western armies marched east, did a pivot north and gave Davis a headache of epic proportions.