Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3rd Time Lucky? WW1 range extensions ...  (Read 407 times)

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
3rd Time Lucky? WW1 range extensions ...
« on: July 08, 2018, 07:22:19 PM »
OK, so far Martin has not been tempted by my commercially viable and eminently sensible requests for Zulus and Mexican Revolution so letís see what he makes of this one....  :-)

No-one makes a good range of 15mm figures for WW1 East Africa, which would compliment the existing PP range perfectly, especially as you already have Turks but no Brits to oppose them. And while youíre at it, how about a few packs of Arab Revolt figures or should I go to Blue Moonís FFL range for that?

For that matter, Iím sure PP classic Beau Geste FFL would be far superior to anything else currently available and, again, lends itself to the PP self-contained rules/Campaign format.

Over to you Martin! :-)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Time Lucky? WW1 range extensions ...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »
I will see if i can increase my sculpt time!
At the moment on the list
1. ACW ...various (about 10 packs).
2. Vietnam  mountain tribes (6 packs).  Then US...(20 packs)
3. Various rebuilds (about 20 packs)

That is over a years worth.
Despite what i say, i am really pleased to have the confidence of group members.  So thanks!
Ideas are always welcomed, some "jump the queue"  and some take much longer. Those Austrian cavalry took 5 years to get to the top if the list ( a big delay).

Jonnyboy

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:56:15 PM »
And well worth the wait they were too......ok enough grovelling, when are we going to see dismounts and horse holders, after all they are Dragoons  ;) 8).

And a stonking big yes for East Africa, including the Portuguese please.

Is it me or are there no Russian cavalry with sabres drawn? my Don Cossack horde just won't be the same without them, any chance of plugging the gap Martin?

Cheers all.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 10:19:43 PM »
Wow, Montagnards AND now US resculpts in the pipeline - they are certainly worth a little wait!

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »
Skywalker, be careful with Blue Moon. They are big 18mm chappies!

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
You see a little lobbying goes a long way!!

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:12:40 PM »
Leman, thatís my dilemma: BM will tower over PP, and I do prefer Martinís sculpting style - but unfortunately one canít wait forever when a new project beckons - Iíve ended up with a very large pile of unpainted lead from the original Old Glory and Blue Moon Zulu War ranges because Iím supposed to put 2000 Zulus on the table by January 2019! That could have been 250 PP packs...

Iím sure Martin has loyal customers for Vietnam, Austrian WW1 cavalry etc, but I suspect that a WW1 Range extension to cover Imperial and German colonial troops, many of the former being suitable for Gallipoli as well, would be more commercial, given the relatively small number of different troop types needed to cover the main protagonists.

Oh, and Iím with you on the subject of TMP, as a victim of one of Dear Editor Billís irrational anti-Brit purges.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
TMP, any entry with more than 10 or so replies and Bill's name on are just not worth looking at, there thread just become flights of fancy.

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 09:53:11 PM »
Belatedly, hereís a suggestion: if Martin produces a WW1 East Africa/Arab Revolt range extension, Iíll commit to buying a minimum of 50+ packs in my first order.

But in return, Iíd ask him to curb his enthusiastic support for the increasingly absurd ĎEditor/Ownerí of TMP. My heart sinks almost every time I see a post from Martin there, because heís better than that.