Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game notes the assault on (forgot the name of the town Mat?)  (Read 264 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Plains Indians versus townsfolk.
Townsfolk defending, Plains Indians attacking.
I really need to start taking some pictures. My excuse is that I do not carry around a mobile phone so will need to plan ahead!
The scenery consisted of a straggle of buildings (3 templates) in the central area, Woods and low hills were dominant around the table edges.
Townsfolk decided to use a railway.
The action starts with the townsfolk being quite scattered but with their leader Tom Starr ensconced in the town. The townsfolk had no liabilities!
The Indians duly arrived at the corners. Two corners were "cancelled out" by the townsfolk outlying groups.

The game started furiously with Indian charges. The Indians charge a group of raw mounted, who gave the Indians a bloody nose and beat them off. The Indians used two groups to wipe out a jiggered raw foot group in the open. The Indian veteran braves charge was also bloodily repulsed.
The remaining outlying townsfolk then got safely back into the town. The Indians now found themselves circling the town.

The Indians got off their ponies and started foot assaults.
These wet very badly indeed. Repeatedly the brave townsfolk beat the Indians back.

The townsfolk train arrived with reinforcements.  It looked very nice.

The Indian  commander "kicking horse" got shot whilst a hundred yards or so away from the townsfolk defences. His veteran braves and him were shot down in short order. Bad use of cover by Kicking horse.

The Indians tried to jigger down townsfolk groups.
The Indian losses were huge. Plenty of townsfolk died too (but then who cares, they are on Indian land).

The townsfolk has secretly enhanced their wish to kill Kicking Horse and succeeded. The Indians secretly enhanced jiggering townsfolk groups, which they did.
The townsfolk were immovable from their buildings. the Indians had the surrounding country side.

The game was a narrow win to the townsfolk. They were led by Tom and Matt. The Indians were led by martin.

A game that swung violently on the assaults.
The Indians were a bit doomed after losing their commander and the best of their warriors.
The townsfolk used the train to good effect and successfully eluded too many mounted assaults by hostiles.

Another enjoyable game with some wild charges and firefights!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Game notes the assault on (forgot the name of the town Mat?)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »
Sounds like a great - and finely-balanced - game.

Furious charges by a force led by Martin - who would ever have guessed?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:20:47 PM »
I am sure that pointless/furious assaults are the way to go. Even if they lose the game. The gory glory!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
I am sure that pointless/furious assaults are the way to go. Even if they lose the game. The gory glory!

And a great way to stress-test the rules, which is surely why you do it?