Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stormtrooper query 1  (Read 188 times)

Lurkio

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
Stormtrooper query 1
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:41:01 PM »
One for Martin .. even after playing for however many years !

Stormtrooper deployment . The rules state “held off until depletion are finished “

So is that before or after hasty defences ? 16a or 17a

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Stormtrooper query 1
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »
The very last activity just before the first turn. So after hasty defenses.

When I played with Martin we did the stormtroopers incorrectly they are used by attackers only.

Lurkio

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 12:28:14 AM »
does it say that anywhere other than on the ST section? 

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
Another one that needs a ruling. My suggestion is that "just before you start assets for turn 1". Or make a ruling for the competition?  They can change the battle, so I expect those Germans will be bringing them on . Ouch!.  Maybe they should only be allowed 1 stormtrooper unit of they are going to spoil the day as "gamey"?  So how about folk only use 1 in case the prospective opponents think  they have been stitched up?  Just thoughts.

Just one of the things that SB days have done, is to bring forward items that need attention. If these things are brought into the light, then a new edition can deal with them easily. The danger is things that do not appear into the light. Not many of those left???
Before the next edition (not for a couple of years at least), I will ask all those interested to write down 10 things about SB; good , bad, needs changing etc.....  A whole new discussion topic.

Lurkio

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:46:02 AM »
Martin,

for the moment we need just the ruling  -

The issue is the hasty defences. Deploying them before means the defender can bolster a threat (where no doubt the depletions have hit hard). But feels like 'you can see them coming' . There are arguments for both I think, so we just need clarity on RAI.

I will add your comment to the SB FAQ (that will be in use at the SB day). It will encourage people to bring ST, but you do pay a premium for them, which is wasted if you lose. Your opponent can deploy in row 2 if he thinks there is a ST threat .. there are lots of things. I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong.

We just need a definition on rules as intended