Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mixed Ashigaru Units  (Read 852 times)

ianr38

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Mixed Ashigaru Units
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
Hi. I am returning to figures painting and wargaming in retirement after a long gap and am rebuilding a 28mm samurai collection. I have not played BAW yet, but like the look of them and would like to use them as the basis of my project. If I wanted to use eight stand ashigaru units (4xspear+4xarquebus) is it best for the the command stand to replace an arquebus or spear stand? Which way round should the ranks deploy and do they change formation during play? (ie arquebus at the front initially with spears moving forward before contact?) In the army lists the command stand is listed as replacing an arquebus base, but if the spears are in front does it matter if the command stand is in the rear rank? Just hoping that someone with experience of how the rules work on the table can advise me on the best way of setting up units. Many thanks. Cheers. Ian R

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed Ashigaru Units
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:31:40 PM »
My rules are away but the cmd stand counts as a fighting base in a melie and gets a bonus if in the front rank as only the fron rank fight.
Shooting is all the shooting bases in the front rank and 1/2 the bases in the rear rank ( canít remember if rounded up or down).
Each unit gets a number of action points from a D6 (if motivated) and use these boings to move, shoot, fight and change formation