Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rule Updates on the Peter Pig site  (Read 585 times)

lowroller

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Rule Updates on the Peter Pig site
« on: May 06, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »
I would like to say that I fully support Barry Slemmings' suggestion re Archers shooting from rear ranks. I am not as well read on the period as Barry obviously is, but I had been thinking along very similar lines myself already. 

I particularly like the idea of giving units the chance to exchange ranks instead of opportunity shooting when charged.

I take his point about 'all-Household' units, but think it might complicate the game to follow this. You would also need to be very careful about always identifying which bases in any given unit were the Household ones. I can imagine them frequently being overlooked.  You would also need to change the morale modifiers to cover 'units with Household bases included' rather than just -1D6 for Household units.

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rule Updates on the Peter Pig site
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:39:37 PM »
As you canít minus less than one dice why not just substitute the wording with Ď.... units containing household troops.'

lowroller

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Rule Updates on the Peter Pig site
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
Yeah. That's the easy part.  But I'm afraid that players would forget which bases were Household, and make mistakes on shooting re-rolls, and saving throws.  From that point of view, it is much more difficult than simple single-quality units.

It could still be done, though.  You could house-rule it to say something like "Bases can be taken out of a Household unit and added to any other unit to improve its morale (at the rate of 2 Household bases to each unit). If the entire Household Unit is dispersed this way, the Household Captain would become the Captain for the unit to which he is attached, the unit's original Captain reverting to being just a Fighter base."   

You would need to think about whether you want this to also affect the Motivation modifier, or just the Morale.