Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Name change  (Read 345 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Name change
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »
Hope it is Ok that i asked Simon to rename this  area as Western.  There was not much discussion about HYITJ so western is now the focus. I am still happy to answer ay HYITJ questions though. Previous rule sets usually had their titles subsumed into the newer rules set sa a subtitle. This will not be the case with Western.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Name change
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
Good move, Martin / Simon, and it will help the hordes of purchasers of the forthcoming ruleset to find their way around this forum.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »
It will provide a "searchable" point I hope.

Duncan

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:56:42 AM »
Are the new rules simply going to be called 'Western' then? I figured that was just a working name and you would have something more dynamic for the finished publication similar to some other rulesets? Don't know what though.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 09:55:49 AM »
Yes.  Good question.

As always PP is ahead of the pack. Remember when we started  symbol on the 6 dice. Just waiting for more square grid games to appear. 

Now the RFCM rules have the period as the main heading. That will work well with internet searches Many rules use clever (???) ,but obscure references which few will bother to search for   I would give examples but that is bad manners.  So each new PP set will have the period name first, followed sometimes by a sub-title  Hence the recent sets after ROF have been  Vietnam, Spanish civil war and Western. Others will follow(?).  I think internet searches will give as much player contact as advertisements.  There is now a trend for manufacturers to list all possible periods in order to get you to their site. But when you get to their website, they admit they do not  do that period. "but you might like to buy something else whilst you are ?".  Try searching for 15mm wild west.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »
  Try searching for 15mm wild west.

Ooh - there are some cheeky folks out there...

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:29:39 PM »
I am sure they will burn.