Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are you working on....?  (Read 38288 times)

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you working on....?
« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
Great to see an Army of Tennessee unit.

Decluttering has ground to a halt with lockdown, so back to painting - currently a unit of household knights for the WOR.

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2020, 09:48:21 AM »
Shed door complete (I ended up making a new door and door frame), thoughts have returned to the English Civil Wars. More (yes Colonel, more) Regiments of Foot being planned. However currently gone down a research rabbit hole.

The lists of ECW coat colours available online and in some rule books replicate the same errors (London Trained Bands wearing red is a bugbear) so rather than shake a metaphorical fist in anger I have decided to write my own guide to coat colours (with references where doubt is present). First part (Parliamentarian RoF) here: https://www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk/2020/05/coat-colours-part-1-parliamentarian.html

An order for two new RoF will be imminent. Which will no doubt become 4 RoF and 4 RoH.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
Thanks for posting that useful coat colour resource, Radar - I look forward to further instalments. And congratulations on finishing the shed door!

MORE regiments of foot - shock, horror!

You'll run out of regiments to do soon - and then you'll no dount be tempted back to those Samurai...

Best of luck,

Simon

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2020, 02:42:46 PM »
I would love to see a picture of all of Radar’s ECW painted troops...that must be some collection by now.  (Hint)

Samurai too huh? Just started mine. Doing interesting things too my eye sight though... I can see why you are taking a break...😜

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »
Not the full collection Bob, but you can see almost all of the Covenanters https://www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk/2019/06/the-solemn-league-and-covenant.html

And a fair chunk of the Parliamentarian and Royalist forces https://www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk/2020/03/streeters-plan-of-naseby-in-15mm.html

To see all of them would require sons #2 & #4 to tidy their bedroom floor, a task I fear would tax even Hercules!

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 07, 2020, 03:30:01 PM »
Very, very nice sir..... like the way your movement trays work.

I can appreciate the comment about sons & clean rooms 😀😀.
Thanks.

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »
Thanks Bob. I think they haven't quite worked out the concept of 'wardrobe' preferring to use the 'floordrobe'

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »
Radar....no worries... I assure you kids all over N America use the very same concept. It is only in the excuse department that any differences are noticable.

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
The floodgates have opened. Royalist coat colours now up on the blog. https://www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk/2020/05/coat-colours-part-2-royalist-regiments.html

Covenanters being written (not very exciting this one - hodden grey, probably hodden grey, hodden grey, likely hodden grey, hodden grey etc etc There are a few plot twists though. Don't want to give any spoilers away.)

As a result two new regiments of foot have been ordered. My Tower Hamlet's LTB RoF fell into the 'all LTB wore red coats' trap so they are being repurposed as Birch's RoF. The Tower Hamlet's LTB (I really like their flag) are being raised anew in their correct civilian clothes and trained band buff outfits. To keep the kharmic wheel balanced the Royalists are raising a trained band, mainly so I can field a nice stripey flag.

Of course this will necessitate buying another storage box. But actually I can't put Royalists and Parliamentarians in the same box (we've all seen Night At The Museum, so we know what would happen if I did). So that's two boxes. They'll be pretty empty. Might as well fill them. 19 RoF and 18 RoH each side is a bit untidy, 20 RoF and 20 RoH would be more rounded I suppose.

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
Quiet peels of laughter here.

Glad to see  I am not the only one who works that way...😀😀

Radar

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »
Titter ye not!

I think it is a fairly standard way of thinking...

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
I'm surprised it's even worthy of comment - surely it's the norm?!  ;)

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2020, 08:08:55 AM »
I am still doing my Confederate and now Union forces for the Western game. With more specific scenery to match. Also doing/done the variety of markers needed.
I do like Stewart’s suggestion of using PITS as well for The American Wild West. So will have to start looking at those rules soon, and I will have to get some Indians off PP as well.
Miles