Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Army Boxes  (Read 103 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Army Boxes
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »
Just to update on what is happening with army boxes. We intend to maintain at least two boxed sets for each range. This is to allow players to jump in with forces ready to go. So the intention is that for veery period there will be at least two forces, mostly in separate boxes.

This bit is partially in response to "why would  platoon packs cost more"
The platoon packs for WW2 were difficult in that they take a lot of labour time to put together. The colleague would need to visit 8 stock bins. Hoping that there were enough castings in each bin. Then the ratios in the bin might be altered by the extraction of certain poses.
The packs of 8 are intended to provide flexibility at an acceptable price point (cheaper than blue moon, minifigs and Essex).   Some newer gamers do not appreciate the cost of time. PP is one of the very few gaming companies that employs full time staff and pays all the costs associated with a professional business. If a chap in the PP workshop can put together  12 platoon packs )say 6 of two types) in an hour then consider how much that hours labour will cost and what should be  the associated change to the pack price. The majority of game companies are two chaps, who do it as an out of hours exercise, pay no tax, insurance,premises cost etc.. Some gamers do tend to expect things to be as cheap as it would cost themselves to pop down the shed and put some slug pellets in a bag.

I am just off to ASDA, might ask for just three sausages out of a pack of 8 and half a bottle of Pepsi. I am also taking back four slices of bread that I have not used but are still in date!

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Army Boxes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »
Excellent!!

Hope there's no butter or chocolate on the bread.

I think your professional workshop is exceptional in the work it does, from metal casting, resin casting, packaging and dispacth of all the products.  They are very responsive in their handling of orders, thorough in compiling the orders with all that means and entails.
Orders are always in the post promptly, here in France the order will arrive in a day or two, as quick as if I was in the UK.

Looking forward to the Montagnard army box in the Vietnam range.

Sean Clark

• RFCM admin
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
Agreed. Mike and Nigel do a great job of picking and packing, sorting and casting. Prices are very reasonable compared with some in the market. Long may it continue!

And army boxes are a great idea.

NTM

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »
Never thought your platoon packs were too expensive. Moved on from buying any as now prefer to choose composition myself. Just one thing though how do you navigate to the relevant section from the homepage? Can't see it for the life of me but can find it through Google!

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Army Boxes and Platoon packs.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »
When you go to the home page, scroll down to the period you require, click on the button and the page will open.
At the top of the list as you scroll down you will see the boxed armies that are available for that period.
There are no listed platoon packs for any WW2 armies at the moment on the normal pages.
The only way I could find the packs is by the following. If you key in 'peter pig platoon packs' in some thing like google search you will get to  http://www.peterpig.co.uk/pbiunitpacks.html
Here you will find the Peter Pig platoon packs listed.  There are a lot of platoons listed.

This is a range of unit packs suitable for many rule systems including our own RFCM rule systems.
It begins with WW2 for PBI and other rule sets that use a 1:1 scale. i.e 1 figure represents 1 man. The packs contain peter Pig WW2 15mm figures.

And no boxed armies for WW2 at present.

NTM

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Army Boxes and Platoon packs.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »

The only way I could find the packs is by the following. If you key in 'peter pig platoon packs' in some thing like google search you will get to  http://www.peterpig.co.uk/pbiunitpacks.html
Here you will find the Peter Pig platoon packs listed.  There are a lot of platoons listed.

That's exactly how I found them didn't look at any other periods though.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
Having spoken to Martin since making this post, he says that Peter Pig is no longer doing platoon packs as it has become too complicated.
Martin though that the page had been removed form the internet. So if it has useful data on it you should maybe save or print the page.