Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Abteilung  (Read 1161 times)

agamemnon

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Abteilung
« on: July 15, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
Hi chaps,

These were the very first rules I bought from Peter Pig, many moons ago at a Crisis show in Antwerp.  However, I have never played them as I soon got caught up in the early PBI rules.
I wondered whether has/still does play Abteilung and would like to hear views and opinions.
These rules always look wonderfully straightforward to me!!
Thanks in advance.
Best,

Stephen

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Re: Abteilung
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
I'm the same as you - had them years buy never played with them. I remember seeing them played at Fisticuffs probably around 1999- 2000 (Fisticuffs was still a 2 day show back then) The players seemed to be having an excellent time and had Martin on hand for.a rules query!

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »
I have not played them for years. But I will get them out this summer and get them on to pdf to improve their spread?!!

martin

j

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »
Not my first Piggie rules but my first foray into WW2. While I was initially drawn to early war (don't like super troops) I eventually setled on post Normandy landings around about Operation Goodwood & ignoring the Americans - as they ignored our contribution ;)

I found them to be a thoroughly engaging set of rules which gave me the feeling of the period without getting mired in the exact millimetre of the Pz XXVII Mk XXIX Turbo Bollocks with Barbarossa  upgrades as used by 2 soldiers in the entire conflict.

They are a tad abstract but give a good game, including all sorts of scenarios & bring in many aspects of the period without bogging the player with tedious detail. Then again, I am easily pleased. Not.

I even bought some aircraft for the air interdiction even though they are not necessary for the game & am considering an Engineering section for each army.

In short, I am very happy with these rules & enjoy each wildly different game.

I am not sponsored by Peter Pig. Other figures are available. (I use 10mm. Sorry!)

Cheers!

j

Leman

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »
I use 10mm for Square Bashing. My PP 15mm WWI troops have too much character for large scale games and I use them for company level - actually If the Lord Spares Us, adapted for early Western Front, particularly Belgium and Mons to the Marne.

toxicpixie

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:28:30 PM »
I played them half a dozen times with a mate, we both enjoyed them for "larger scale toys" - normally Spearhead in 6mm was my flavour of choice but Abteilung was a nice bit of game for a similar-ish level of command that was easier to get into and looked/felt much better with larger mini's. If they do come up on PDF I might well invest in a copy and see if I can float them at the club - Rapid Fire is their current flavour of the day, but it's not a set I like much!

Simon

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
I have not played them for years. But I will get them out this summer and get them on to pdf to improve their spread?!!

martin

Any plans to get them on pdf?

Simon

Alex918

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 10:20:05 PM »
Likewise, I had these years ago but never really got round to fully using them.  Now lost amongst the various house moves I would also be interested in a PDF opportunity should I'd be available?