Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: version 46  (Read 151 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
version 46
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:31:48 PM »
The rules are coming along nicely (i think). now is the part where bits get cut out. Usually they are too complex or unused.  i am working hard on getting a  25mm set up sorted so that we can get a feel for how it works and to display western in a form attractive to 25mm players.   Then pictures and a possible release at salute 2018. I am building three 25mm plains houses for scenery.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: version 46
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »
Three's a curious number of buildings. You must be able to get more than that into the square!

Rob R

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
Latest version is 48.

Weds. 7th saw new version of leader - 'Inspirational' - Cancels morale in a square and able to assault for 1AP.
Enemy veteran unit in buildings (two bases, started jiggered), a gentle hill adjacent with partial cover. Advanced with large (8 bases + leader) raw unit. Rushed straight over hill and assaulted (for 1AP as Inspirational Leader also present). Two bases shot with opportunity fire. Assault dice about equal (not a short assault into buildings) - typical Rob roll - raw unit gets no sixes and loses two bases in the assault and fall back.
No further casualties in the enemy round from shooting.
However, as Inspirational Leader present no problem with moral and another assault wiping out veteran unit.

Inspirational Leader too good?

The consensus was perhaps split into 'Morale' or 'Easy Assault' leader.

In the example given a 'Morale' Leader would need to roll two (two plus one for force leader - includes a reroll if first roll is one) to get the 3AP needed for an assault.
An 'Easy Assault' Leader could still assault as however bad the morale, will always have 1AP which could use to assault.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
Yes rob, agreed. I wil split the commander into schizophrenic parts