Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Top 5 Pet Hates  (Read 1754 times)

Leman

• Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Pet Hates
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »
Pretty similar in my club - some members, including me, sometimes turn up not to play a game but just to see what's going on, have a chat, paint figures, organise armies (it is a permanent set up, so many armies are stored there), sort out terrain items and even paint the premises. I've even had a couple of solo games down there when everyone else has been involved in other projects. Pretty much anything goes.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
You forgot the cup of tea or something stronger and the biscuits!!

Leman

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
Coffee/tea making is catered for, as is bring your own Soviet hip flask.

Duncan

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »
Whilst we have tea and coffee, that is it. Even then the kitchen is down some steps and being crippled it is hard for me to negotiate them. Therefore I usually have to rely on there to get it for me.

We never have an after club meeting in the pub (which when I joined I had assumed would be something that automatically happened.) as people want to get home to their other halves I am told. I know that my wife expects me home by just after ten as well and we had an incident where I was late one time and it caused a big argument in which my continued attendance at the club was in doubt until other club members interceded on my behalf.

mellis1644

• Piglet
  • The Frozen North- https://mellis1644.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »
I'll add people who never paint their models but expect to use them. :)

I'm very happy to provide toys to people who don't have painted forces but don't just keep bringing unpainted/just undercoated models and want to play with them. They don't have to be great but make an effort as it's better than the deadly silver or black undercoated army - see my blog for examples of ok stuff, which IMO are good on the table top. Nothing spoiled the visual effect than unpainted models.

P.S. I am envious/in awe of the superb paint skills of some people as well - but that's a different item. I just can't get to that level of skill ;)

Leman

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 05:44:43 PM »
Tbh I've only ever known that to happen once at our club; a huge array of undercoated space orks (surprise, surprise).

Duncan

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »
I've seen a lot of unpainted armies in my time. Not good in my opinion either.mif it isn't painted then it isn't ready to be played with.