Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: The Hand of God?
« Last post by martin goddard on Today at 09:29:22 AM »
It is a bit like the spiritualists and astrologists who use suggestion. "You will  meet a person today", wow i did meet  a person today, surely magic?!  I don't usually have time for such superstition, as it wastes time when players demand you don't say certain words because it might upset the dice. Then they blame other players for the D6 outcomes  "it's not fair". Surely very primitive, like not stepping on the cracks in the pavement (which is very serious  medicine indeed).?
It might be better to be confident and state "say what you like, i am going to roll my dice and get an outcome unaffected by your illogical superstition?"

Just teasing, groups can act as they wish of course.
General discussion / Re: The Hand of God?
« Last post by mellis1644 on November 16, 2017, 02:27:43 PM »
The 'anything but a 1' statement is much frowned upon in our group for the obvious reason. Yes, it's much more of a prediction than you may want...
PBI / battle of Hannut
« Last post by Peterloo on November 16, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
Hi
Working on a PBI campaign for the battle of Hannutt  and came across this. People into early war - French german battles might be interesting in the force compositions , interesting basis for a game.
PBI / Re: french tanks
« Last post by Peterloo on November 16, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Hi
not so , 4 ave HR-39s are only 84pts. (counting the French turret deduction)  early war allows you to have quite a few really cheep tanks.
General discussion / The Hand of God?
« Last post by Leman on November 16, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
Anyone else experienced this sort of uncanny occurrence in a game? Yesterday during a bit of skirmish combat my opponent remarked, "If you roll a double one we'll not bother with the modifiers." I duly rolled snake eyes!  :'( :'(
AK47 Republic / Re: Zimbabwe
« Last post by Leman on November 15, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
Oh autocarrot! Why can you not cope with camo?
Pieces of Eight / Re: Black sails
« Last post by Stewart 46A on November 15, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
Martin, hex would be better for the ships to turn through the wind and have the wind on the 1/4 for best speed
General discussion / Re: What are you working on....?
« Last post by John in York on November 15, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
A pair of SCW Republican AT guns. Once these are finished, my International Brigade will be ready for our first game of Bayonet & Ideology on the 27th.
Pieces of Eight / Re: Black sails
« Last post by martin goddard on November 15, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
The next POE will be gridded I am sure!   however a square does have 8 directions though.
AK47 Republic / Re: Zimbabwe
« Last post by martin goddard on November 15, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »
"End of days" AK army?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10