Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pictures on the forum  (Read 888 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
Pictures on the forum
« on: July 18, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »
I'm not nagging here, but for this forums longevity we need to address the picture issue. The best solution for this is to store pictures on a third party site, and link them here, rather than uploading as an attachment. There are lots of free online picture storage solutions

• photobucket
  • flickr
  • imgur
  • imageshack
  • tinypic

I could go on ... anywhere the picture is stored on the internet. In you post just use the [IMG] tag to link to your photo address

I've just noticed that the photo attachments that are being uploaded are large, pictures as good for that from a camera, and it doesn't need to be that sort of resolution for the web. But rather than going through trying to resize the photos with you, its probably easier to use the sites above that do it all for you automatically.

The downloaded section is already over 50MB, which while not massive, is not the way we want to go - as this site needs to be on the cheap  :) so mean and lean please  8)

ta
Simon

Leman

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures on the forum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
Simon, I'm afraid you will have to explain step-by-step how to do what you are asking. It took me three years to work out how to post a picture on a forum. At 63 I'm a little unwilling to spend another three years trying to work out how to post a link, so very, very clear instructions please. I keep my various war-games libraries on Photobucket.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
Re: Pictures on the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »
Hi, if you have a photobucket set up already that is 90% of the work. I have created a set by step for posting using photobucket here

http://rulesforcommonman.uk/smf/index.php?topic=126.0

hope that helps

Simon