Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: french tanks  (Read 52 times)

Peterloo

• Piglet
    • View Profile
french tanks
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »
reading up on French tanks of 1940 , apart from having a single crew man in the turret - which is already counted in the French single crew reduction of 5pts but you need 5ap to fire main gun.

The other thing the French where not keen on was radio's  in their tanks. - actively removing them in some cases (read up on battle of Hannut ) - the troop commanders tank in the troop had a radio , but the others didn't.
(the Germans had a system of the troop commanders tank had a radio that could send and receive , the other tanks in the troop only had a radio that could receive - at this time in the war)

So on this basis I was looking to impose on the French , a tank is nominated at the beginning of the French turn as the commanders tank (this can change every turn) and he has to motivate the other tanks. - the effect of this is it will keep the French tanks close together.
So my question is - what do you think would be a fair cost reduction on the French tanks ? - another 5pts.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: french tanks
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
In a normal PBI game with a normal coy you would only have 2 or 3 tanks so I donít see it as an issue.

Peterloo

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: french tanks
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Hi
not so , 4 ave HR-39s are only 84pts. (counting the French turret deduction)  early war allows you to have quite a few really cheep tanks.