Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ardennes 1944 PBI Multi -Player Battle 27th January 2018, Dorchester  (Read 435 times)

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Ardennes 1944 PBI Multi -Player Battle 27th January 2018, Dorchester
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »
Well done Duncan.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 11:27:06 PM »
Idea ?
As we have umpires !
The " Commados" would come on to a table at an Umpires choice ? They can over stack an American Square and Force their American Counterparts to leave Squares and go to other parts of the board etc ? Even occupy an "Objective" Square hopefully until a German unit can get to the Square. But the Americans can challenge the Commandos and either destroy them, or force them to leave in a hurry.
I was thinking using the AK47 firing system the Americans roll 2 Dice and the Germans roll one dice. If the Americans 6 plus the unit is destroyed or captured etc, 5 are forced off the table to come back later. Anything else carry on with their duties.

Big Mike

• Piglet
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »
Miles, this is just the ideas I am looking for to add this dimension to the game. I am finishing the additional rules now and will ping you over my thoughts later this week.

Big Mike

• Piglet
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
Plans for the Ardennes 1944 game are progressing well. The top news is that Martin and Rob have agreed to be the two allocated Umpires for the day. Their experience and knowledge of PBI will be invaluable. They will be kept busy during the game as each army will have it's own allocated umpire to ensure  the game keeps moving. I will be the third umpire.
Miles and I are working on the battle order for each force and surprise, surprise, Skorzeny units will be used. I will be issuing a summary of the additional rules and play structure this weekend to all those who have booked a place. Detailed notes will be issued in December.
Paul and I are running a PBI taster game at the Dorchester club on 15th November for some PBI virgin soldiers! At the January club we will re-run the game with the multi-player game features.
Your response to my request for troops has been overwhelming and the result is that we have a virtual traffic jam of vehicles and enough foot companies for the number of players booked so far. Many thanks. I will let each of you know the specifics of what to bring.
Duncan has excelled himself with the winter scenery production. I have some pics to post but they do not do them justice. They will be on display at the Dorchester club next week. Thank you to Miles, Stewart and Martin who have offered additional items of scenery which I will be asking for nearer the time along with some additional tables.
Finally, thank you to those of you who have paid your 10. The venue booking is over 100 and I will be committed to this on 27th November so please let me have your dosh by then. I understand that some of you are not able to confirm the date yet due to work/family etc so I will hold your place and await your payment in January.
I started to look at this project in the summer as an idea and with your collective support and enthusiasm it is coming together strongly. Still a fair bit to do but I am confident we will have a great day on the 27th.
"Nuts!"

I have received payment

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:26 AM »
That snow scenery looks stunning Duncan. Well worked.

May i suggest that players pay their 10 before xmas. It is not fair to delay the organisation of the day by failing to commit. If you cannot attend having paid the 10, then you will know it contributes toward the games event. Step up or fall out. (ONLY MY OPINION)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
Agree with Martin. I'll pay up at the Weekender Mike.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »
Also,  I feel like  I need to put my hat and gloves on looking at that scenery :D

Big Mike

• Piglet
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
Thank you Sean. Duncan and I have been trying out numerous "snow" effects. Weather conditions will play a part in the game  but I know you Northern chaps are a hardy breed.

Gangleader147

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »
Martin remembering his rules, is this the same Martin?

Really looking forward to this, let me know how to get you the cash.  Should have grabbed it off me on Sunday.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 07:47:37 PM »
Surely the rules are just "guidance"?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »
We say that all the time in my line of work.

"No sinner is ever saved after the first twenty minutes of a sermon."

Duncan

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »
Does it look snowy enough? There are quite a few brown patches showing through now I see it all out on the table. Maybe I will take some snow along with me next Wednesday?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 06:20:30 PM »