Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Warfare, Reading 18th-19th November  (Read 124 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Warfare, Reading 18th-19th November
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 09:15:08 PM »
Is Peter Pig attending Warfare (a 2-day event) any more - there seems no mention on the PP website?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
No we do not go.
I think it is a good show
but
They no longer allow us to put on a participation game. This makes Sunday very boring indeed. We do shows in order to meet customers and show things  to our customers.  The other problem is that the walk in type stands put their stand boundaries up against our table, so that we cannot actually get in or out of the trade stand.
I hope they have a good show though.   The format change has been to our disadvantage, thus no point in going..

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
Well, 'twas busy today, with the car park (sadly not free this year) overflowing.

The bring-and-buy was heaving all morning, and the competition games (including a whole lot of very busy Lords of the Rings tables in the squash courts) seemed very animated.

Not a huge amount of 15mm stuff on the trade stands or demo games, but most of the usual suspects were present.

The demonstration games were a tad disappointing compared to previous years: it was often not obvious either what was being played of who was putting on the game, with fewer "stand out" displays. There was a nice Samurai game (complete with castle) in 28mm (couldn't see who ran it) and a large 28mm Gettysburg game with some nice terrain by Earlswood Wargames Club.

The Sealed Knot had some nice kit on display, usefully next to Last Chance Games' Battle of (28mm) Cheriton demo.

Interesting to see so many traders stocking Coat d'Arms paints - probably more than were selling Vallejo?

Was good to bump into Mr Lurkio - I hope your subsequent competition games went well!

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »
Sonds like it went well. Good news. Are coat d arms considered good??

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »
Well, Warfare is obviously all the poorer for no longer having Peter Pig in attendance!

I use a mix of Coat d'Arms and Vallejo. Coat d'Arms cover well, but need a little bit of stirring (rather than the Vallejo shake and squirt). I pick out bits of pigment with a paperclip and thin with water or Vallejo thinner rather than stirring up the inside of the tub itself.

The main downside I've found with Coat d'Arms is that the plastic used for the lids can break (albeit probably after 10 years or so: if I painted faster this would probably not be an issue!).

Nice paints though.