Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Duncan and mike  (Read 277 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Duncan and mike
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
Mike and Duncan are developing some rules for 54mm colonial. Zulu v Brits.  Pictures on the X connector n PP front page,  The X connector is at the bottom of the PP home page in a little box marked "X" in the bottom grid.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan and mike
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:06 PM »
Really great I wish you lots of luck.
You will need to decide on whether they are to be skirmish or wargame rules.
Mark Evans help write Fire and Steel a few years ago.
An old set that we developed are SW skirmish rules (Flintlock & Ramrod, Colonial & Old West).
For wargems often 25mm rules are easy adjusted to suit the measurements require for 54mm.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »
Pictures on the X connector n PP front page,  The X connector is at the bottom of the PP home page in a little box marked "X" in the bottom grid.

Lovely-looking figures, and the game looks nice too - good luck chaps!

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
Duncan ,Mike why don't you start using PITS as your starting point. You can easily sort out the measurements suitable for 54mm.
The various scenarios are very good for matching regular formed troops against natives.
This should allow you to see the effect of modern european weapons against hand weapons and a few single shot weapons.

Duncan

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »
What is PITS?

General Michael is writing the rules and I am painting the models. I am not very good at rules myself although I do have a day when we test them.

Generally I find that as we have it now the Zulus get mowed down in frontal assaults on a compound especially when the British are using a Gatling gun. But when we have done Zulus attacking a British convoy etc then the Zulus ability to sneak about and use the scenery to hide means they can surround the British and overwhelm them before they can form a square or what ever. I am guessing from what I read that these two scenarios play out pretty much as they actually would have done?

Currently I am painting my last few Zulus, I will have about 150 of them in total including 3 Mou Ted scouts that I had to convert. (I may do a couple more of them.) I have however started painting some Boers, I have some Beja tribesmen, Camel core, naval landing party, Bengal lancers and some Excitings to paint though so will be very busy. I will of course pass some photographs to Martin as and when they are done.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:15 PM »
"PITS" is RFCM's "Patrols in the Sudan": loads of scope for figures-formerly-known-as-Fuzzy-Wussies-but-not-any-more-as-it's-not-PC, that "don't like it up'em"!

Very innovative rules for elusive enemies that seem to appear and disappear at will.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »
Duncan talk to Martin.  PITS is the initials for 'Patrols in the Sun' the forum you are posting on.

He and Stewart will sort a game at club for you and then you can see the possibilities of the PITS rules.