Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Edition?  (Read 245 times)

Saladin

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Edition?
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
Is the current edition updated from a previous one? If so what were the changes?

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Edition?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »
Hello Saladin, and welcome to the RFCM Forum.

The current edition of Patrols in the Sudan is indeed an update of a previous version of the rules (as indeed are the majority of RFCM rulesets, which undergo periodic refreshes: the Spanish Civil War rules have just been revamped and reissued, and the Western ones are going through a similar process).

It's probably a little tricky to give a summary of all the changes, although Stewart or Martin will hopefully pop along here at some point and give a quick overview.

Could I first ask the reason for your question as context e.g. do you have the earlier version of the rules?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
Welcome Saladin,

I can't give specifics as i dont have the rules with me and i habent played them in a while. What i can say is they are nore streamlined and a couple of mechanics have been made a bit clearer....how to fire guns is one that comes to mind.

Saladin

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:41:07 AM »
Yes, I have the earlier version. Id buy the new version if it were available as a pdf.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
If no one comes in sooner at the weekend i'll take a look at both editions and see if I can give you an idea of the changes and revisions.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »
There are a lot of changes around moving shooting and fighting. The new edition is well worth the money( about 15 )to purchase. I think the scenario cards have been updated as well.