Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Marketplace / Re: Auction
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on April 25, 2018, 10:05:33 PM »
I've still got the WW1 howitzer with the spring-loaded shell case that took plastic bullets once you closed the "door". And a couple of mortars, a Pak 40, a Vickers MG...

But I'd always wanted the rather larger "naval gun" that was huge...
« Last post by Alex918 on April 25, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »
Firing mortars, they were the best.
Western / Re: Wounded Figures
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on April 25, 2018, 05:28:26 PM »
Nice pictures just up on the PP website of the wounded Cavalry and Indians :)
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on April 25, 2018, 08:30:57 AM »
Well done Martin - looking forward to those photos.
« Last post by martin goddard on April 25, 2018, 08:05:44 AM »
I have just put the new western wounded cowboys on the website. Painter Dave is going to paint some for me to photograph soon too. The eagle is also done and i will get a photo of that up too before the week ends.
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on April 25, 2018, 06:19:10 AM »
Ah - but they were also very collectible and "mainstream", and did some wonderful "working" models. Remember the Western stagecoach? And the firing cannon?

I still have all of mine. Somewhere...
« Last post by Leslie BT on April 24, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »
Britain's are the wargaming toys of old, all this 15mm stuff is very new by comparison.
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on April 24, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »
This particular auction was actually for collectible toys - loads of Britain's etc - rather than wargaming models.
« Last post by myrm on April 24, 2018, 03:38:49 PM »
<< but that it was only expected to raise £10,000>>
Yes, but that's because the auction houses don't really know how to handle this sort of thing if its wargaming (as opposed to collectible toys which is a different market albeit one they are familiar with). They repeat previous mistakes in handling because its the data that they have.
There was a similar auction near Cambridge last year and the lots were horribly constructed - many gamers indicated how and why to the auctioneers and the difference it would make but they went for their large mixed lots selling to dealers and cut out the collectors who couldn't go for the large blocks of unwanted stuff. They did sell everything and they did sell it quickly but they certainly didn't maximise the value by any means - though because they raised a lot more than the projected assessed value (which was way off) they said it had massively successful, thus reinforcing the mindset.
General discussion / Re: Stats cards
« Last post by Leman on April 24, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »
Here’s my take. Longstreet and Field of Battle 2 are card driven games. The player holds a small hand and replenishes played cards from a deck, so there is all sorts of game related info on the cards enabling decisions to be made or pondered over and units to be moved with a minimum of clutter. Blucher, on the other hand has a card for every unit on the table, or alternatively the stands on the card are transferred to the figure base, in a very obvious fashion. Might as well be a board game. I have a friend at the club who is a boardgamer and really enjoys it. He can see little point in trying to emulate boardgames as figure games and I fully agree.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10