Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: Historical mis-speaks. Listen up!
« Last post by martin goddard on Today at 11:07:56 AM »
Yes, you just can't get the staff!

Von Paulus, I said "DO NOT stay in Stalingrad and get surrounded".
General discussion / Re: Historical mis-speaks. Listen up!
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on Today at 10:58:45 AM »
Arnhem - they jumped on the wrong bridge, which was several rivers further down than they actually meant to go. Probably due to that Korean wind (which was of course the origin of the term "kamikaze" = divine wind).

Balaclava - the Light Brigade did indeed charge the wrong guns.
General discussion / Historical mis-speaks. Listen up!
« Last post by martin goddard on Today at 10:50:03 AM »
Seems to me that great leaders get criticised for saying the wrong thing.   But really, it is the fault of their lieutenants for mis-hearing it.

Here  are two examples. 
Custer said "let's go down and attack that village". That was a mis-speak. He meant to say "let's NOT go down and attack that village".   
The Korean invasion general said "let's  attack Japan, it might be windy". What he meant to say was "Let's NOT attack Japan it might be windy".

An easy mistake to make, but the blame lies with the listeners who had not perceived the intended meaning.

Other examples?
General discussion / Re: Things on the table
« Last post by Leman on Today at 09:41:20 AM »
As long as the players are having a good time it really doesn’t matter if they leave a can of beer on top of a hill.
Unfortunately when players are having a good time that is when they get careless and arms start to flail. It is no coincidence that I rarely visit my club for an evening session - cans on tables is just ridiculous, thoughtless and shows a lack of respect for other players figures, terrain, gaming mats etc. Need I say more.
Workbench and Suggestions / Re: Learnt from TMP today - more PP goodness
« Last post by Leman on Today at 09:35:34 AM »
It does seem very odd that the news goes there first rather than here. I wouldn’t touch TMP with somebody else’s barge pole.
« Last post by Colonel Kilgore on Today at 09:13:27 AM »
A pp badge would be great!

If you got KR to do a PP-branded version of their dice tray, you would have that badge...
« Last post by martin goddard on Today at 08:58:49 AM »
A pp badge would be great!
« Last post by pbeccas on Today at 08:40:36 AM »
As long as the players are having a good time it really doesn’t matter if they leave a can of beer on top of a hill.
Thanks Martin: if you can send, I will post.

Similarly, if you would like to tip me off about breaking PP news on TMP (I'm not always a regular visitor there), I'll be happy to post to News here too.
Workbench and Suggestions / Re: Learnt from TMP today - more PP goodness
« Last post by martin goddard on July 17, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »
Thanks

Nigel is still making moulds. I will send a picture of the pickup though if that is of use.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10