Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weymouth Levellers  (Read 405 times)

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2018
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Weymouth Levellers
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »
We let the little men rest for the last club night of 2017.
We played board games, first the new edition of Colditz, a quicker start than the old version but otherwise more or less the same.
Rob (American) won having got two away home.
Then we played the new Battle of Britain game by Plastic soldier company, time was getting on so we only played through the first turn. Plenty of Germans shot down and a few Siptfires and 1 airfield bombed.
Next meeting 12th Jan, back to the old west.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth Levellers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
That's good to hear, Stewart - sounds fun. I remember the old Colditz game from a distant youth, and have been considering getting the new version. It's quite expensive (albeit with some decent discounts now) - does "more or less the same" imply it's worthwhile investing in, or better to leave those memories as they are?

I've been reading through the rules of the PSC Battle of Britain game and they're a little hard to digest (I don't think they were originally written in English?) - hopefully the game plays a little more easily?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
The production quality of both games was superb.The variety of aircraft models in the Battle of Britain might confuse a lot of bears. But the models are well designed.   For what it is worth (not much) I feel that Colditz has some greta ideas but one great flaw, that being that with 5 players ,each player only gets 1/5 of the game time. maybe have team German  and team escapees? . Better.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
Thank you Martin - that's very helpful. I do seem to remember waiting around a lot when playing Colditz, now you mention it!